TitleLink is a must have to link between Joomla! articles without using cryptic hyperlinks. TitleLink also minimizes the risk of breaking article links when changes are made to the target article. In contrast to other extensions TitleLink doesn't need the article ids to find your article - so you always get exactly the right links. It always dynamically finds the right hyperlink to your articles! To learn more about this great plugin have a look at the always current documentation: https://github.com/gesellix-joomla/titlelink#readme .
** 2013-11-18: a new release is available for Joomla 3.2 users **
** 2012-04-12: TitleLink has moved from the old Joomlacode repository to GitHub. Tracker items will be copied to the according issues page at GitHub, too. **
Currently supported components are:
- com_alberghi ( http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/alberghi/ )
- com_artforms ( http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jartforms/ )
- com_content ( Joomla! )
- com_docman ( http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/docman/ )
- com_menu ( Joomla! )
- com_peoplebook ( does anyone know the homepage? See http://www.dragonet.de/joomla/komponenten-module/peoplebook-fuer-1.5-legacy.html for a Joomla 1.5 version )
- com_remository ( http://remository.com/ )
- com_shortlink ( http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/gesellix/ )
- com_virtuemart ( http://virtuemart.net/ )
- com_jmovies ( http://www.joomitaly.com/ )
The changelog can be found at https://github.com/gesellix-joomla/titlelink/blob/develop/plg_titlelink/changelog.php
Please support further development and feel free to donate at http://www.gesellix.de/ . Thank you!
If you encounter any problems please note me through the plugin site (Tracker) or my private homepage!
This is a great idea to create internal links. However, I am thinking of another better usage: I can use it to turn the article system into a Wiki.
Two things need to be improved:
1. If I enabled "auto create link", then, on the "submit article" form, the "title" should be automatically filled (or just hidden to prevent manual input), because the Article Title HAD been specified in the syntax code.
2. If I disable "auto create link" feature, the text is showing up as Bold style. However, I think they should be just plain text.
Support is quick and excellent too, realized I was typing 'in' (for insert) instead of 'ln'(for line) once I got that sorted it couldn't have been easier.
Well done Tobias and I agree this should be standard in Joomla.
Enjoy Team !! Excellent Excellent work !! If I had more words to appreciate it I would have given it !! Keep it up and Up and UUP @ :)
Thank goodness there was a 1.5 compatible version.
I simply uploaded and activated it, and all the links started working perfectly again.
So I discovered this plugin by chance.
Very nice indeed !
How else can you generate a dynamic link that can adjust to changing locations and domain names? This is it! With TitleLink, I can set up all of my internal links at the development site and they still work when we move servers or transfer domain names. And if I move the section or category for an article later on, then the link still works.
Plus, the developer, Tobias, is the best. I contacted him with a problem I was experiencing with V3.0.5 in J1.5.x sites, and he replied IMMEDIATELY and worked with me to find a solution. And this is a FREE extension!! I WISH I could get this kind of support from some of the commercial extensions that I am using!
(By the way, if you had a problem using TitleLink in your Joomla 1.5 site, please try again using version 3.0.6. You will not regret it.)
If it could be upgraded to work in combination with Joomfish, it would be wonderfull. At this stage it can't be used on a multi-lingual site.
It can be used on multilingual sites, when caching is disabled.