This menu provides some advanced features :
- Multicolumns AND multirows
- Themes are responsive design
- Mootools/jQuery dropdown with nice effects (open or slide)
- Description can be added for each link of the menu
- Loading of module in the menu
- Horizontal or vertical orientation
- MVC structure so the output can be easily overridable in the template
- Image only in the title of each link
- Fancy effect on first level items
- Possibility to have multiple modules on the same page, horizontal or/and vertical
- CSS class, href attribute and column specific width with the plugin Maximenu_CK Params
- Version Joomla! 1.5 compatible with Joomfish & sh404sef
- SEO optimized (all items are html coded and findable by the search engine)
- Compatible with mobile devices iPhone, iPad, Android
- option to open submenus on click, mouseover, close on click only
- Virtuemart compatible
- Image menu with suffix for mouseover images
- Theme css3megamenu to make the same menu as on Joomla.org
- Hikashop compatible
- RTL compatible with a specific stylesheet (see the documentation)
VERSION 6 (J!2.5):
- Compatibility Joomla 2.5
- ACL management
- Cache management
- Creation of columns AND rows in submenus
- Code improvement
- New theme css3megamenu to create the same menu as on Joomla.org
- New ergonomy in the module administration
- New parameter [col=180] to create columns without separator
I like Maximenu because it annihilates the limitations of a menu:
You can have images for a menu item, descriptions for a menu item, you can even have no menu related stuff like a module in your menu.
When you look for an opportunity to make your website unique, choose maximenuCK!
as for support, i can only say outstanding, he provide support better than some paid extensions and takes his time to answer every question.
I AM 100% RECOMMENDING THIS MENU EXTENSION.
Thank you for your great review :)
Yes I try to help for each question, even if this is not always easy ...
The placement of my menu was further down on the website and the article underneath. This made every change of the page not visible on screen. I sent Cedric an email regarding use of anchor-tag in menu item. A few week later and an update with my request was available for download.
Best service I've had in ages.
If you have a more complex menu to make this one is a great option
I highly recommend the parameters plugin, for a small price you can have all styling options in the module and also in the menu items which makes things much easier and quicker. Support is also very good. Thanks!
Very stable code and quick bug fixes if required. The author really takes care of his products. I had problems once and the reponse was precise, very quick and solved my issues perfectly.
I also bought several plugins and the documentation to further support the project.