The original Search & Replace component for Joomla - now updated to work with K2! Got an external link that you need changed in every page? No problem! Just search for it and replace it with the new link.
You can search and replace any content in your articles in seconds.
Search & Replace for Joomla is used to search & replace content in your Joomla articles. You can search for any word, HTML, or content, and replace it with whatever you like.
Changes are stored directly in the database itself, which vastly speeds up page load time compared to other available components and plugins.
Using this component you can quickly search & replace to add links, change spellings, cross-reference your pages, bulk update your content and so forth.
Search & Replace can change content in Titles, Introductions, Main Content, or a selection of those - all at the same time.
You can also select which categories to include in the search, and if the search finds any results, it will give you a list of the pages where the search term exists, along with links to view the page in your browser.
Please note: Search & Replace does not affect the HTML stored in your template files. If you need to search & replace HTML content in your template files, please edit your template files directly.
This component is extremely powerful, so please back up your database before you use it.
How to use:
1. Create a backup of your database
2. Enter the text to search for
3. Enter the text to replace your search string
4. Press Search to search for page results
5. Press Replace to update your database & make all changes
6. Check your site for changes.
1. Keep it simple. Longer search strings sometimes match less cases - often due to variances in whitespace
2. Disable your Joomla cache while you make changes so that you can instantly see what has been changed.
3. Look in the HTML source of your target page to select and paste the exact content you want to search & replace.
4. Sometimes text is rendered in your browser differently to the way it is stored in the database. The key to successful searches is to keep search phrases short and simple.
I hope you find the component useful. Any comments or suggestions are very welcome, and where possible, suggestions will be incorporated into new versions of the component.