HIGH PERFORMANCE SEARCH FOR JOOMLA!
Geek Elasticsearch component is a powerful tool that can be used to improve your Joomla site's search Engine performance. A highly scalable open-source full-text search and analytics engine - Elasticsearch is used to develop the search engine tool. Hence, it is possible to store, search, and analyze big volumes of data quickly and in near real time.
Fast, very fast speed is the first thing that Elasticsearch will impress you. Once you finish typing in search box, select types or change a search mode, search result is immediately returned without a delay.
Managing Big data
New technology that marries big data concepts with search can provide revolutionary improvements in the reliability, cost-of-ownership and flexibility. The technology trusted by many big companies and organizations like Ebay, Mozilla, Github, …
Support 3rd party extensions
Geek ElasticSearch works compatibility with most Joomla! core data. Moreover, it provides plugins to index data of 3rd party extensions like Virtuemart, Kunena, K2... then make the indexed data available for search results.
The component supports to run incremental update of the index. It will only update the content that have only partially changed. It improves indexing time because only part of a content is indexed instead of having to re-index the entire the content.
You can setup task to run indexing of your content automatically from a cron job, Geek ElasticSearch indexer can be run as a command-line application.
Advanced search module
You can control everything on search form and search result like specifying which types of content will be returned, optimizing search results with Scoring and Boosting or controlling number of items per page ..etc..
The component comes with two plugins with functions of trigger during the content creation process of Joomla components and immediately update the ElasticSearch index.
Manage Indexed Content
This feature offers a helpful option to control which items available or unavailable to visitors on your website.
Support Amazon Elasticsearch
Geek ElasticSearch supports Amazon Elasticsearch Service - a professional solution for those who are not familiar with installation and configuration of Elasticsearch service.This make it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Elasticsearch in the AWS Cloud.
Searchly is an alternative provider of hosted Elasticsearch solution which is away from AWS, It offers you a good service with a reasonable price.
JomSocial 3.x and 4.x (Albums, Events, Groups, Users, Videos)
EasySocial 1.x & 2.0 (Albums, Events, Groups, Pages, Photos, Users, Videos)
JReviews (Custom fields)
FlexiContent (Custom fields)
VirtueMart (Categories, Manufacturers, Products)
HikaShop (Categories, Products)
JoomShopping (Categories, Products)
And more to come ...
Version 2.0.0 - New Features & Improvements Release
Release Date: Jun 06, 2017
- NEW. Support FlexiContent.
- IMPROVED. Search on all fields of EasySocial user profile
- IMPROVED. Automatically scroll to top when user navigate to another page of search result.
- FIXED. Doesn't work with DOCMan 3.0.x
- FIXED. Error when removing or changing state item of components what support to run index on theirs after-update event.
Version 1.6.0 - New Features & Improvements Release
Release Date: Apr 26, 2017
- NEW. Updated to work with Joomla 3.7.
- FIXED. Error when indexing data of EasyBlog version 5.1.
- NEW. Get image of EasyBlog posts
- NEW. Add new setting of search module to allows user can show / hide copyright text below the search form.
Version 1.5.6 - New Features & Improvements Release
Release Date: Apr 13, 2017
- NEW. Support to send search request through server side. This helps to resolve an issue that search function does not work if ElasticSearch service is behind firewall.
- FIXED. Plugins index JomSocial return incorrect links.
Version 1.5.5 - New Features & Improvements Release
Release Date: Apr 03, 2017
- NEW. Support AdsManager component.
- NEW. Some minor updates.
Version 1.5.0 - New Features & Improvements Release
Release Date: Jan 17, 2017
- NEW. Filter search results by categories.
- NEW. Set the order that items will show in.
- FIXED. Some language texts are not displayed properly if cache is enabled.
- NEW. Added some new settings for module search.
- IMPROVED. Style search form.
Version 1.2.2 - New Features & Improvements Release
Release Date: Dec 02, 2016
- NEW. Support Searchly - Hosted Elasticsearch service.
- ADDED. Add option to show/hide image on search result.
- NEW. Support send search request with Basic Authorization
- IMPROVED. Get correct image for JReview listing items based on its storage setting
- IMPROVED. Show waring message if Elasticsearch serivce is not configured.
Version 1.2.0 - New Features & Improvements Release
Release Date: Nov 18, 2016
- NEW. Add two new layouts for module search
- NEW. Support JomSocial
- NEW. Support JReviews
- NEW. Support JEvents
- NEW. Support J2Store
- NEW. Add new feature to filter search results by language (For multilingual sites)
- NEW. Add option to enable/disable instant search (See instant results as you type)
- NEW. Add new setting to load Bootstrap framework
- NEW. Add option to show/hide search button
- IMPROVED. Update to work with Elasticsearch 5.0
- FIXED. return incorrect SEF urls if site uses sh404sef component
- FIXED. "Could not parse URI" if not configure value for Endpoint parameter
- FIXED. css errors on Bootstrap 2 - based templates
- FIXED. Image does not display correctly on back-end
Version 1.1.0 - New Features & Improvements Release
Release Date: Oct 26, 2016
- NEW. Support EasySocial
- NEW. Support HikaShop
- NEW. Support JoomShopping
- NEW. Support DOCman
- ADDED. New AWS Region - US East (Ohio)
- IMPROVED. Set auto focus on search box after opening search window
- IMPROVED. Display notification if search result return 0 item
- FIXED. Stop making a search request while user is typing too fast on search box
- FIXED. The error of not displaying result if system/core.js file is not loaded
Version 1.0.0 - Initial Release
Release Date: Oct 12, 2016