JEM is a free Event Management Component for Joomla.
JEM fully based on the famous Eventlist component, originally developed by Schlu.
It's a full-featured package that includes the core component as well as some very helpful modules and plugins.
JEM is open source and is developed, maintained and supported by an active community of volunteers.
Version 2.2.0 is out, featuring enhanced Event Registration possibilities. Event creators can Invite, users can set they will Attend / Wil Not Attend. The mailer plugin now supports these changes too.
Apart for this we modified many views and fixes some other minor issues.
For version 2.1.6 we are happy to announce that JEM is now fully PHP7 compatible! We also introduce a sidebar in the backend views when installed on Joomla 3, thus giving JEM a more native J!3 user experience.
Event registration has been enhanced, to allow attendees to send an additional comment with their registration.
And apart from this, many, many smaller enhancements and bug fixes.
A new version of JEM was released. Along with a lot of smaller improvements (see the changelog for them) we are taking a huge step forward, bringing JEM in line with the standard Joomla ACL rules.
Before you upgrade a current installation please consider:
If you use template overrides please note that all views have been changed and there is a good chance that your overrides won't work as expected. So please check the changes and adapt your files.
The JEM Team have released a security release and we encourage all JEM users to update your current installations.
Additionally, you will find a new module in the package: the Jubilee Module. This module shows (past) events on a specific (e.g. current) day and month ignoring the year. Useful e.g. for a birthday list.
It's our birthday gift to the Joomla! Community that now celebrates it's 10th Birthday!
JEM consists of:
The JEM core component handles:
- Venue management (with built-in geocoding)
- Event Management. Events can be a one-off, or a repeating event with complex repeating patterns
- Repeating events can be auto-created in a configurable future time-window
- Category management (Events can be part of multiple, nested categories)
- Group management (for view access rights)
- Front end editing of events
- Auto-archiving of passed events. Archived events can be copied into a new future event.
- Attendees management, including waiting list and email notifications for attendees
Events display options:
- Day View
- Simplelist View
- Calendar View
- Week Calendar
- Categories View
- Venues View
- Venue Calendar (restrictable to categories or venues)
- Submit Event / Submit Venue
- My Events,
- My Venues
- My Attendances - views showing personalised data
- Search view
- Latest Events Basic Module
- Latest Events Wide Module
- Teaser Module
- Calendar Module
- Banner Module
- Search Plugin
- Finder Plugin (smart search)
- Mailer Plugin (highly configurable automatic mailing of new events, subscriber mail for attendees)
- Comments Plugin (for integration with JComments)
Optionally, some additional plugins are available:
CB JEM MyAttending. This plugin shows events where the user is attending in their Community Builder profile. You need the Community Builder extension 1.9.1 or higher installed on your Joomla site.
CB JEM MyEvents Plugin. This plugin shows events that were created by the user in their Community builder profile. You need to have the Community builder component 1.9.1 or higher installed on your Joomla site.
Quickicon Plugin. Shows an icon to quickly jump to the JEM component in the administration dashboard.
Acymailing Plugin. This plugin enables you to insert events from JEM inside any e-mail sent by AcyMailing by using tags.
JEM is available in more than 20 languages. Please mind that not all language packs are yet 100% complete, but translation can easily accessed as each language is hosted on the Transifex platform.
If you like our extension, please take a minute to write a review here.