AuthCaptcha for Joomla
A BruteForce attack is a major security risk to any website. In this type of attack, a hacker tries to guess a user's password with millions of requests. Especially weak passwords are vulnerable to this type of attack. In addition, a BruteForce attack can cause availability issues.
Joomla has no built-in BruteForce protection. This Joomla System plugin fills this gap by adding a captcha challenge to all Joomla login forms. It slows down the attack considerably and therefore prevents it.
- It works with the default Joomla login-component, the default Joomla login-module and the administrator page.
- Tested with the recaptcha-plugins shipped by Joomla.
Joomla 4 ready! Joomla 3 support will end on 01.01.2023.
For details and help please refer to https://github.com/BkrBkr/AuthCaptchaForJoomla
- Configure and enable a captcha-plugin in Joomla (e.g. recaptcha) (details: https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Google_ReCaptcha )
- Install and enable this plugin.
- Clear Joomla cache if enabled
Further configuration options: https://github.com/BkrBkr/AuthCaptchaForJoomla