To Here for googleDirections
This plugin is an easy-to-use and light-weight plugin for displaying Google directions from user-specified address to your designated place (e.g. your company or office).
You specify a designated place to be the destination, and let the user enter the address he or she is coming from. Google will then provide the driving or walking directions from the user-specified address to your designated place.
- Uses the latest Google Maps API v3
- Support for mobile and responsive design!
- Support of mobile / laptop GPS to access Current Location
- Support for different transportation mode - DRIVING / BICYCLING / TRANSIT / WALKING
- You can embed multiple Google Directionstohere within an article
- Each Google Direction can be of different size, map control and map type
- Support for kml files
- You can specify the "home position" using real address or longitude/latitude points
- Built-in street view!
- Support for many native languages e.g. Italian, Russian, French
- Available for all Joomla versions: Joomla 1.0.x, native 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x and 2.5.x!
For mobile GPS to work for Current Location, your website must be using HTTPS (secured server). The client must also allow access to its current location.
v3.0.15 (for Joomla 3.0 and above)
Released Jul 23, 2017
Support of mobile / laptop GPS to access Current Location
NOTE: to use this feature, your website must be using https. The client must also allow access to its current location.
v3.0.14 (for Joomla 3.0 and above)
Released Jul 20, 2017
Support for responsive design!
v3.0.11 (for Joomla 3.0 and above)
Released Apr 20, 2017
Support for secured websites (https)
Support for PHP7
Support for different transportation mode - DRIVING / BICYCLING / TRANSIT / WALKING
v3.0.10 (for Joomla 3.0 and above)
Released Nov 16, 2016
As of June 22, 2016, Google now requires everyone to have an API key in order to display Google Maps on your website. Details here.
This latest version added support for Google Maps API key.
v3.0.9 (for Joomla 3.0 and above)
Released Dec 20, 2014
Support for the latest Joomla 3.3.6
v1.0.8 (for Joomla 1.0), v1.5.8 (for Joomla 1.5), v1.6.8 (for Joomla 1.6), v1.7.8 (for Joomla 1.7), v2.5.8 (for Joomla 2.5)
Released Feb 4, 2012
- added support for Joomla 2.5
- add flag w3c=1 => w3c compliant
- support for IE7!
- allow googleMaps to display in tabs
- now allows address to include ' (apostrophe)
- support for vertical alignment
v2.5.7 (for Joomla 2.5)
Released Jan 26, 2012
Native version of the googleDirections - To Here - plugin for Joomla 2.5!
v1.0.7 (for Joomla 1.0), v1.5.7 (for Joomla 1.5), v1.6.7 (for Joomla 1.6), v1.7.7 (for Joomla 1.7)
Released Jan 03, 2012
Thanks to feedback from Florian who found out that the reverse geocode lookup by Google sometimes do not gives the right mapping. Have modified the code so that the googleDirections_tohere plugin now maps the exact location when latitude/longitude is given when specifying the "home position".
One other new feature for this new version is that: the user can now press the Enter key (as oppose to pressing the "Get Directions" button) to get the directions to your home position.
v1.0.6 (for Joomla 1.0), v1.5.6 (for Joomla 1.5), v1.6.6 (for Joomla 1.6), v1.7.6 (for Joomla 1.7)
Released Dec 24, 2011
Support for multiple stopovers!
v1.0.5 (for Joomla 1.0), v1.5.5 (for Joomla 1.5), v1.6.5 (for Joomla 1.6), v1.7.5 (for Joomla 1.7)
Released Nov 15, 2011
To Here for googleDirections
- Last updated:
- Jul 25 2017
- Date added:
- Jun 20 2009
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
Ease of use