BwPostman is a complete and extensive newsletter extension for Joomla!® 3.3.6. Versions of BwPostman prior to 1.1.0 also work with Joomla!® 2.5.16.
BwPostman main features:
- You can compose the content of the newsletter with free text and articles that are already written in Joomla!®.
- The newsletters can be personalized.
- In BwPostman you can create as many mailing lists as you want and so you can get different mailing lists for every thinkable constellation of recipients (guests, registered users, issue...).
- BwPostman always generates the newsletter in HTML and in text format.
- Extensive template system for easily adjusting the appearance of newsletters. Provided templates may be copied and adjusted or you can create completely free templates for the newsletters (very big thanks to Karl Klostermann!).
- The campaign manager in BwPostman enables you to combine newsletters to a campaign that belongs together.
- You can import subscribers from a CSV- or XML-file. So you can i.e. export the address book from a mail program and import it in BwPostman. Export of subscribers is also possible.
- You can archive subscribers, newsletters, mailing lists, campaigns and templates and restore it from the archive.
- A special property is the possibility to adjust, how many mails will be sent at once.
- Sending of an attachment with the newsletter.
- Module for newsletter subscription.
- Module for monthly overview of newsletters in front end with many and varied option.
- For the front-end predefined CSS styles may be overridden by self-defined CSS file.
- User-defined texts for activation mail and legal informations.
- Webmaster or another person may be informed per mail at each confirmation.
- Author and created date of articles of Joomla!® may be deselected in settings.
- Arrangements against subscriptions by robots with a simple maths task or as user defined question, adjustable in settings.
- Tables of BwPostman can be saved and restored.
- Tables of BwPostman can be checked and repaired.
- Migration to another Joomla!® Installation is possible conditionally.
- Detailed manual, further help at forum.
The download of the whole package includes the basic component and also a module for registration for the front-end to the newsletter system. The overall package has to be unzipped first. Then the single parts of BwPostman can be installed as usual by the installer of Joomla!®.
The manual is arranged in such a way, that you are able to learn the use of BwPostman step by step and you are able to create your first newsletter as soon as possible. For that reason I suggest to practise the use of BwPostman parallel to reading the manual.
- Romana Boldt
- Last updated:
- Apr 14 2016
- Date added:
- Dec 18 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
Ease of use