Grab and display events from Facebook, Google Calendars, Excel, CSV/Text,HTML, XML files, Database queries (local or remote), JEvents entries and combine all these events into a single display unit using a wide range of formats, including monthly calendar, weekly calendar, daily calendar, horizontal and vertical timelines, post-it like sticky notes and more!!
EventBlender goes beyond the basics and offers many unique features and many customization options, including the following features.
- Aggregate events from multiple sources, including Google calendars and Facebook group events.
- Extract events from various file types, such as Excel, CSV, XML, HTML when they are properly formatted.
- Support for local and remote database tables/queries.
- Support for JEvents, which means you can combine events published on your site with events published elsewhere (e.g. a Facebook group).
- Combine events from various sources and display them in a single unit.
- Display events in various formats, including month, week, day calendars, vertical and horizontal timelines, post-it like sticky notes, etc.
- Automatically grab and combine events, no need to select them manually.
- Improved performance via the use of a data source cache.
- Apply a list of “rules” that will remove or modify items from the event list. This is significant feature, especially when you have no control over the remote source of events, such as a facebook group. By adding one or more rules you can ignore events with certain keywords, or include only events with certain keywords or other criteria.
- Possibility to have multiple templates (styling options and rules) on the same Joomla site (even on the same page).
- Display anywhere on your site, including articles and modules.
- Export events into CSV or Excel format (front-end option).
- Multilingual – Can be easily translated to your local language, if a translation is not already available. You can localize the labels and the date formats (e.g. mm/dd/yyyy or dd.mm.YYYY, etc)
- Full control over the date range of the source events (past, present, future). Filter and display events that fall into a certain time window, add "maximum number of events" constraints.
Starting from version 2.0 it is possible to publish/propagate the events fetched and processed with EventBlender to 3rd party events extensions of other event consumers.
We have laid the groundwork for you, so by implementing a single "hook" PHP class it is possible to automatically publish all the events retrieved by EventBlender to your favorite events extension. For instance, it is possible to automatically publish the events from a Facebook page into your events extensions or a database table. Please note that the implementation of the PHP "hook" class is your responsibility, even though we are planning to add the implementation for the most popular events extensions in the near future.
The generated events calendar, list, timeline, or gallery can be inserted anywhere on your site, including Joomla articles, custom modules or 3rd party extensions. EventBlender can be easily translated into multiple languages, even though the calendar literals (month names, day names, etc) are already translated into 8 languages (English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Greek, Dutch, Russian) so most of you will not have to translate anything. Apart from the labels you can localize the date formats.
- Dimitrios Mourloukos
- Last updated:
Oct 23 2017
3 years ago
- Date added:
- Jan 14 2016
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- Related extension :
- c p
Write a review