Include YouTube video anywhere inside articles with JW Player as a Joomla plugin. The plugin admin allows you to set default settings such as Player skin, width, height, auto start, control bar location (the bar with the play button), control bar hide (hide the bar with the play button when control bar location is set to "over), HD, and more.
What's New in version 1.1?
- Minor bug fix related to Joomla! installs in nested directories.
What's New in version 1.0?
- Updated to JW Player 5.8
- Tested to work with Joomla 3.01
What's New in version 0.9.9.2?
- fixed issue with HD video not displaying correctly.
- Select from various skins to change the look of HM Tube
- Insert video anywhere in your article.
- Change the location of the control bar, or hide it when the mouse is inactive.
- Play YouTube videos in HD.
- Choose whether to auto start the video when the page loads or not.
- Stream live video via RTMP.
- Position the video with CSS through the admin panel.
Video Formats: H.264 (.mp4, .mov, .f4v), FLV (.flv), 3GPP (.3gp, .3g2), YouTube
Sound Formats: AAC (.aac, .m4a), MP3 (.mp3)
Image Formats: JPEG (.jpg), PNG (.png), GIF (.gif)
To include a video in your article simply find the YouTube video and enclose its url inside the [hmyt] and [/hmyt] tags. So, for example, to use this YouTube video in an article:
You would enclose it inside the tags like:
You can also override the default settings (set in the plugin admin) by using tag parameters. In the above example, if you wanted the video to 500 px wide, and 300 px tall, you would include with width and height tag parameters, which would look like the following:
[hmyt width="500" height="300"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxku0EpqzKI[/hmyt]
The site documentation list all available tag params and usage.
I will try to support this plugin, however, remember that I am just a guy who wrote a plugin for his own needs and decided to share it with the Joomla community. Also, as I'm not an experienced programmer, I can't promise to find the solution to every potential problem. The code is very simple though, and I don't foresee too many issues.
- Lander Compton
- Last updated:
Nov 19 2014
9 years ago
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
This extension does NOT implement the Joomla! Update System
Write a review