Bugfixes for J!3 version already on github
Reliable gallery supporting user galleries on the frontend besides the standard features like watermarks and sub galleries.
It is accompanied by modules and plugins so it can be as lean as needed
RSGallery2 is a component of the "early" days of Joomla!.
Actually it has reliable functions and runs without hassle in Joomla! 3x and up to PHP7
* Started in 2003 (Mambo, launched here in 2005)
* Runs on Joomla 3.6 and PHP7
* 2016 Complete redesign of the backend
The component and several plugins / modules feature following functions
* Gallery view with sub galleries
* User galleries on front end
* Latest images
* Several additional modules and plugins
* Module LatestGalleries: Module to show latest galleries from RSGallery2
* Module LatestImages: Module to show latest images from RSGallery2
* Module RandomImages: Module to show random images from RSGallery2
* Module ThumbScroller: Module to scroll selected thumbnails from RSGallery2 images
* Plugin DisplayImage: Displays a single image in an article
* Plugin DisplayGallery: Displays a single image in an article
RSGallery2 is a full featured, easy to use, highly customizable, gallery component for Joomla!
- Users can upload their images via frontend and backend, Backend upload with drag and drop (more than 40 images at once) Frontend/Backend upload upload over zip upload or ftp upload.
- Galleries containing images can have as many (nested) sub galleries as you want. Galleries and images can be moved around easily.
- Three graphics libraries, used to make display and thumbnail images, are supported: GD2, ImageMagick and Netpbm.
- Images can have a watermark. Images can be regenerated after the settings for display image size and thumbnail image size are changed.
- Detailed access rights management
- User galleries on front end The site administrator can set permissions for user groups to be allowed to upload images, create galleries, edit, delete, (un)publish both images and galleries, vote and comment on images, just like the permissions for Joomla! core components are set. View access for galleries can be set by the site administrator just like view access for Joomla! Categories.
- Check state of images (database) and repair
- Raw edit of config variables
- Repair zone: Regenerate display images
RSGallery2 has been around since the Mambo days and was originally developed by Ronald Smit. Since then, RSGallery2 has evolved into what it is nowadays.
RSGallery2 4.4.1 for Joomla! 3.x released
The RSGallery2 team is pleased to announce the release of RSGallery2 4.4.1 for Joomla! 3.x.
* New backend design
* Upload with drag and drop added
- complede recoding of upload functions
RSGallery2 has always been a free extension and will always be a free extension!