Tag Meta allows to efficiently manage all site's meta information. With Tag Meta, as example, it is possible to set the tag 'title' or the meta tags (e.g. from the most common 'description', 'keywords', 'robots', as well as the recently 'content rights' and 'external reference') or link 'canonical' on any page, just specifying the URL or a part of it. This provides a swiss army knife to improve site positioning in SEO optimization. But Tag Meta also supports regular expressions in the matching rules and this allows to match a group of URLs with a single rule. In this way it is possible to manage metadata from a single control panel.
Multiple rules can be applied together, so if more than a single rule matches with the current URL, these are applied in cascade using the ordering set, except if a rule is declared as ‘last one’ (in this case the process stop).
And that’s not all. Tag Meta comes with support for macros. This means that meta information can be generated dynamically for each page.
To allow complex transformations for data to use as meta info there are the placeholders. Placeholders allow you to define a set of values where each value is associated and identified by a name and is used in the definition of other placeholders or in the definition of meta info (practically they are based on the same principle of the variables in programming languages).
With support for link 'canonical' it is possible to specify the preferred version of a set of pages with highly similar content. But there is still other, Tag Meta comes with support for an ontology database of synonyms, that allows to automatically generate and add new synonyms of existing keywords in any page.
The plugin, finally, has some useful options to set custom global information like Generator, Author, Copyright, or to set and align the tag ‘title’ and the meta tag ‘title’ in many ways.
- Support for tag 'title' and meta tag 'description', 'author', 'keywords', 'robots', 'content rights', and 'external reference' on each page
- Support for Robots options Index, Follow, Snippet, Archive, Odp, and Image Index
- Support for link 'canonical'
- Support for global meta tag 'generator'
- Possibility to add site name to tag 'title'
- Possibility to align meta tag 'title' with tag 'title'
- Possibility to preserve tag 'title' on each rule from global settings
- Support for global meta tag 'author'
- Support for global meta tag 'copyright'
- Possibility to add a note for each item
- Possibility to apply multiple matching rules
- Use of regular expressions into matching rules
- Case-sensitive option on the matching source URLs
- Request only option to match the full URL or just the REQUEST_URI part
- Decode URL option to decode URLs before to check if match with rule
- Last rule option to break application of matching rule
- Support for placeholders
- Use of macros to specify meta info (dynamic meta info, 45 macros)
- Ontology database for synonyms
- 1.9.0 Community
- Last updated:
- Sep 21 2017
- Date added:
- Jan 22 2009
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
Ease of use