Brute Force Stop
This plugin provides means to avert Brute-Force-Attacks on your Joomla-Installation. For this purpose, the plugin stores information on failed login attempts, so that when reaching a configurable number of such failed login attempts the attacker's IP address can be blocked. Furthermore, you can configure notifications about failed logins and blocked IP addresses, as well as a configurable (optionally even adaptive) delay for a failed login attempt.
The component included in the package will allow you to view the blocked IP addresses and manage them, manage whitelists of IP addresses which will never be blocked, viewing failed log attempts and testing the notification.
New in version 1.4.1:
- minor release fixing JED checker errors
New in version 1.4.0:
- Blocking via .htaccess
- New method for determining client IP to support load balancers / proxies
- IPv6 fixes (IPv6 subnet masks not yet supported)
- mysql compatibility
- php 7 compatibility
For a detailed list of changes in each version see the commit history at https://github.com/codeling/bfstop/commits/master.
- pt-PT/pt-BR translations and various fixes by solrac (comproperty247(at)gmail.com)
- ca-ES translations by nouespai
- fr-FR translations by Flying_Lolo
- nl-NL translations and various fixes by Rob van Baal (info(at)fischertechnikclub.nl/http://www.fischertechnikclub.nl)
- es-ES translations by Aimagen (info(at)aimagen.com)
- ru-RU translations by Raven (ravencrow(at)mail.ru)
- it-IT translations and various fixes by Stefano Buscaglia (info(at)binarioetico.org/http://www.binarioetico.org)
- old nl-NL translations by Agrusoft