Sponsoring and Donation
There are two ways to support me right now:
- This extension is part of Github Sponsors by sponsoring me, you help me continue my oss work for the Joomla! Project, write bug fixes, improving features and maintain my extensions.
- You just want to send me an one-time donation? Great you can do this via PayPal.me/zero24.
Thanks for your support!
This Joomla Plugin sets the lazyloading attribute to all images that passes the onContentPrepare Event to allow modern browsers to lazyload the images.
More information about the
- Description: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/img#attr-loading.
- HTML Specification: https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/embedded-content.html#attr-img-loading.
- Currently the
loading attribute is supported in the following browsers: https://caniuse.com/#feat=loading-lazy-attr.
Initial setup the plugin
- Download the latest version of the plugin: https://github.com/zero-24/plgcontentimagelazyloading/releases/latest
- Install the plugin using Upload & Install
- Enable the plugin from the plugin manager
Now the inital setup is completed and the plugin is running.
This plugin is translated into the following languages:
- de-DE by @zero-24
- en-GB by @zero-24
You want to contribute a translation for an additional language? Feel free to create an Pull Request against the master branch.
Please note that my update server only supports the latest version running the latest version of Joomla and atleast PHP 7.0.
Any other plugin version I may have added to the download section don't get updates using the update server.
Issues / Pull Requests
You have found an Issue or have an question / suggestion regarding the plugin, or do you want to propose code changes?
Open an issue in this repo or submit a pull request with the proposed changes against the master branch.
Beyond this repo
This plugin will be proposed as Plugin to the Joomla Core and will be part of the upcomming 4.0 Release. Please note that the core the plugin will be renamed to
plg_content_imagelazyload and Joomla 4.0 core will ship with this plugin enabled by default. This plugin here acts as a backport for Joomla 3.
David Jardin - @snipersister
Felix Arntz - @felixarntz - https://github.com/WordPress/wp-lazy-loading
For giving the inspiration for the plugin and the input and feedback on the actual implementation. Thanks :+1:
Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED)
This plugin can also been found in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: ImageLazyloading by zero24
git commit -am 'prepare release ImageLazyloading 1.0.x'
git tag -s '1.0.x' -m 'ImageLazyloading 1.0.x'
git push origin --tags
- create the release on GitHub
git push origin master