This plugin is based on the Joomla Core Redirect Plugin and acts as a so-called drop in replacement for the Core Plugin. In addition to the Joomla Core Plugin, it allows you to define your own derivation rules.
Sponsoring and Donation
There are two ways to support me right now:
- This extension is part of Github Sponsors by sponsoring me, you help me continue my oss work for the Joomla! Project, write bug fixes, improving features and maintain my extensions.
- You just want to send me an one-time donation? Great you can do this via PayPal.me/zero24.
Thanks for your support!
Initial setup the plugin
- Download the latest version of the plugin: https://github.com/zero-24/plgsystemadvancedredirect/releases/latest
- Install the plugin using Upload & Install
- Disable the core
System - Redirectplugin from the plugin manager
- Enable the plugin from the plugin manager
Now the initial setup is completed and you can start configure the plugin.
This plugin has three plugin modes:
| Plugin Mode | Description |
Automatic | The plugin will try to get an URL to the category overview |
URL Hopping | The plugin will try to remove the latest part of the URL. |
Static redirect | The plugin will use a static redirect url |
Static redirect URL
When the plugin mode is in
Static redirect mode this field holds the static redirect url.
With this option you can enable whether the plugin should suggest redirection to the 404
Status of the suggestion
With this option you can decide whether the suggested redirect is published or not.
Please note that my update server only supports the latest version running the latest version of Joomla and atleast PHP 7.0.
Any other plugin version I may have added to the download section don't get updates using the update server.
Issues / Translations
You have found an Issue, you have done a translation or have a question / suggestion regarding the plugin?
Open an issue in this repo or submit a pull request with the proposed changes.