Protect-Privacy is the Joomla 4 kompatible Version of the famous EU e-Privacy Directive packagefrom Michael Richey (RicheyWeb).
The package consists of three separate parts. One module and two plugins.
The module has the task of displaying the current consent status of the user and at the same time giving the user the possibility to change his decision regarding his privacy. The module should therefore be enabled for all websites.
To make this plugin J4 compatible, many things has to be done:
- Fixing some bugs around the orignial sources
- Changed Joomla classes to namespaced
- Fixed problems with modal dialog box
- Added color selector for modal dialog
- Added Option to suspress cookie-table
- Converted to J4 class environment
- Merged with Geoip plugin
- Removed "Message" option, cause it will not work with J4