d2 Content Pro
d2 Content Pro is a component for Joomla! to make it more easy to manage, add and edit your Joomla articles in the backend. It works well alongside Joomla's core Article Manager (com_content), with your existing articles, and with the WYSIWYG editor of your choice (TinyMCE, JCE, etc). You will get an optimized editing form for your content - just the fields you need! Furthermore in the overview of articles you can easily see which articles have an intro image that is used on category blog pages.
With the Pro version of d2 Content you can create your own d2 Content editor profiles that you can assign to user groups. We have a Free version available but it is limited to one fixed profile.
We have created websites for many years for our clients. Honestly, we can't remember how often we had to explain to them which fields to edit and which fields to not touch. It never worked out well and they kept calling us for support again, asking:
- why is something on the website is not showing up?
- why does the sorting not work as expected?
- or why are they not performing well on the Google search results.
For example they often missed the "meta description" on the "Published" tab, which is essential for how Google displays text from your website in the search results. Or they changed the wrong date field and something like sorting did not work as expected.
- Makes SEO easier - Add the meta description just beside your content.
- Easy design - Never forget your intro image again and have a great design on your site.
- Improved UX - Focus only on the important fields when editing your content.
Joomla is great!
Joomla gives you all the options you want ... but for normal users that might be to much, they are just overwhelmed.
- 76 fields
- 6 tabs (+ tabs for custom fields and plugins)
- FULLY Configurable
- 1 tab (+ plugins) + add your Joomla Custom Fields to your d2 Content Pro Profile
d2 Content is easy - it solving these problems:
- Only the fields you need
- All fields (including Custom Fields) on one page
- Works with custom fields (if configured)
- Intro Image in articles list (optional)
d2 Content makes it easier to create and manage your articles.
It does not replace "Content > Articles". It just uses the same content with an optimized form.
You can use d2 Content and Joomla's Article Manager alongside each other!
1-Sep-2021 : v2.1.5
Fixed issue with "Save as Copy" while using an empty Alias
18-Aug-2021 : v2.1.4
- Fixed issue with saving the Update Key on PHP 8.0
23-Jul-2021 : v2.1.3
- Fixed issue with SQL error on update
15-Jul-2021 : v2.1.2
- Fixed issue with update.
18-Jun-2021 : v2.1.1
- Fixed issue with preselected category filter.
- Fixed issue with default profile being loaded when only one profile exists that isn't assigned to a category.
- Added functionality use "Custom Fields" in your d2 Content Pro Profile.
- Fixed issue with selection of profile for User Groups without Category.
31-Mar-2021 : v2.0.0
- Added "Category" assignment to Profiles. Now you can assign an editor profile to a category.
- Added Option to hide the categories on articles page, and/or open the category edit in new window.
- Added global option to hide the "Joomla Categories" button in the categories view
13-Jan-2021 : v1.1.7
- Added "Default Category" for admin menu type "Create an Article", pre-selection when creating articles
- Fixed missing "featured" status button and taskbar buttons for articles view (like Joomla default)
14-Dec-2020 : v1.1.6
- Fixed issue with "Save as Copy"
23-Nov-2020 : v1.1.5
- Fixed issue with error message regarding CategoriesAdministrator.association
09-Nov-2020 : v1.1.4
- Stable release
09-Nov-2020 : v1.1.3
- Fixed issue with DownloadKey
29-Oct-2020 : v1.1.2
- Fixed issue in Profiles view with drag+drop
28-Oct-2020 : v1.1.1
- Fixed updateservers
09-Jun-2020 : v1.1.0
- Fixed issue with missing values when field not present in profile
- Fixed issue with Images, URLs, Options and Publishing fields for new articles
- Fixed error on Dashboard
- Added Dutch language File
- Updated German language File
- Added option to see image placeholders instead of large intro images
- Added ACL check to Dashboard - Profiles view
29-May-2020 : v1.0.9
- Release Candidate
- Fixed issue with one click update
18-Mar-2020 : v1.0.3-beta6
- Removed "Default Profile Loaded" message in Free version
- Renamed the included Profiles to more appropriate names
- Trigger warning when installing on older d2content versions (< 1.0.3)
22-Jan-2020 : v1.0.3-beta5
- New Article - Pre-select "Status, Category, Access & Language" from Filter
- XTD editor buttons collision under Editor field
- Pro: Fixed ordering of Profiles on Groups
21-Nov-2019 : v1.0.3-beta4
- Pro: Fixed issues with Profiles: ordering - loading the right Profile
- Pro: Fixed issue with Article Edit while no Profile published or no Fields
- Free: Fixed issue with loading default Profile
06-Nov-2019 : v1.0.3-beta3
- Pro: Fixed small issues (found in beta2)
- Free: Fixed small issues (found in beta2)
17-Oct-2019 : v1.0.3-beta
- Pro: Added functionality to create Profiles - import/export
- Free: Refactored code
30-Sep-2019 : v1.0.2
- Added fr-FR language files (Thanks Yann Gomiero!)
02-Apr-2019 : v1.0.1
- Fixed some deprecated warnings
27-Feb-2019 : v1.0.1
- Fixed issue with Tags
- Added German language File
- Added Admin Menu Module
- Repacked as Package
04-Feb-2019 : v1.0.0
- Initial release of d2 Content
d2 Content Pro
- Last updated:
Sep 01 2021
10 months ago
- Date added:
- Nov 11 2020
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- c m
Write a review