DJ-MediaTools is a responsive gallery and slideshow extension for Joomla that mix both functionalities! It allows to easily create beautiful galleries or eye-catching slideshows containing images, videos or content automatically fetched from other extensions.
This versatile and highly customizable Joomla gallery component comes with many powerful features.
First of all, you can choose from 10 available gallery and slideshow layouts and show your images or videos (locally stored or Youtube or Vimeo, Dailymotion, MetaCafe, Liveleak, Yahoo movies).
(you can display each album in any layout you need, all pictures or images in the gallery or slider of your choice will fit automatically no metter which one is chosen):
- Gallery Grid
- Slideshow with thumbnails
- Modern Slider
- Kwicks Panels
- Skitter layout
- Nivo layout
You do not have to add image by image, but upload them at once and quickly change the ordering (drag and drop feature).
Responsive and touch ready!
As mentioned before, DJ-MediaTools gallery component is responsive; it means it works perfectly on different devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, and mobiles).
Play videos directly on the slide!
You can add full video playback directly in the slide (with all the controls available in the video streaming service, you can also use mp4 videos).
Images and pictures optimization for better performance
DJ-MediaTools provides images optimization (images in the gallery are automatically scaled the and presented in the best resolution keeping it as low as possible), watermarks option and easy to use CSS3 animations and effects. A lot of-of them!
It uses the resmushit engine to optimize images!
Create the gallery or slider album right from the component in backend or live when creating an article. Thanks to integrations with other extensions, gallery images can be taken from different sources:
- Joomla articles (images from the articles can be displayed in the gallery or slideshow)
- HikaShop (display product images as a gallery or a slideshow)
- DJ-Catalog2 (product item images can be displayed as a gallery or slider)
- Facebook (use facebook comments for each item in the gallery!)
- K2 (item images can be displayed as a gallery or slider)
- EasyBlog (use the pictures from EasyBlog items as gallery or slider items)
- DJ-Classifieds (display adverts’ pictures and images as a gallery or slideshow)
- Disqus (can be used to comment the gallery items)
- VirtueMart (display product images as a gallery or a slideshow)
- Joomla SobiPro (SobiPro items’ images can be displayed in the gallery and slider in one of available layouts)
- JComments (can be used to comment the gallery items)
- Falang (use to make the gallery multilanguage)
There are also many more powerful features. Some of them are:
- Background video
- Joomla custom field with DJ-MediaTools Album
- Photoswipe lightbox script
- Unlimited Albums and gallery items,
- Speed settings,
- Continuous Loop for sliders,
- Friendly admin panel,
- Beautiful gallery layouts.
Discover them all!
DJ-MediaTools gallery component offers many language translations (read below for more info)!
DJ-MediaTools site includes a tutorial section where you can find many thematic articles, and learn what Joomla gallery extension is and how to use it’s features.
This collection of gallery tutorials, guides, and tips is highly recommended for beginners but also for advanced users as well. We still publish new articles, stay up to date!
Check the list of available gallery component tutorial articles:
How to use Album Custom Field?
With DJ-MediaTools custom field plugin you can utilize the custom fields in Joomla articles with DJ-MediaTools.
Should I use Magnific Popup or Photoswipe lightbox option?
This new lightbox type is ideal for the images albums for mobile devices. Choose it if your album is made of images and you want to give nice control over the gallery for tablets, phones etc.
How to apply album settings into other albums?
Use the Presets to keep consistency between different areas of your website
Playback full video with sound and controls directly in the slideshow
You can play the videos directly on the slide without opening them in the modal window. Depending on what fits you best you can use one of the methods (in slide or in modal/popup window).
How to use video background instead of image in the slideshow?
If you want to create a more eye-catching slideshow on your website you can now use YouTube, Video or MP4 video in the slideshow instead of a static image.
How to optimize images with lossless compression
DJ-MediaTools is designed to display images without wasting the loading time and bandwidth.
How to disable watermarks for individual album?
If you use watermarks in the DJ-MediaTools you may need to disable them for some albums.
How to change the settings of the album inserted with editor button?
Thanks to the "Presets" functionality you can set the default album preset for all the Albums inserted from the Joomla article (or any other extension where the system plugins can be evaluated) and keep consistency across all the Albums created or inserted that way.
How to set front-end album submission
You are able to allow users of given group to create or edit gallery albums. Learn how to use front-end gallery album managing feature.
How to use Masonry album layout
See how to use the Masonry layout in component view and in a module - it can be very useful feature when you want display a gallery but do not want to crop included images.
How to create full-width slider in DJ-MediaTools?
Displaying the slideshow on whole window width in not a complicated task. Check how to do it.
How to display events from DJ-Events as a DJ-MediaTools album
Display DJ-Events as an gallery album in DJ-MediaTools is easier than you think. Just follow few steps presented in the article.
Watermarks in DJ-MediaTools [VIDEO]
This tutorial explains how Watermarks in DJ-MediaTools gallery works - watch the video!
How to add locally stored video to DJ-MediaTools
Check how to add Video to the custom item in the gallery album.
How to display galleries in DJ-Classifieds adverts with DJ-MediaTools layouts
Display galleries in DJ-Classifieds ads view using any of the available gallery layouts.
Migration from DJ-ImageSlider to DJ-MediaTools
Learn how to do the migration from DJ-ImageSlider (free Joomla slideshow & gallery extension) to DJ-MediaTools component.
How to use FaLang with DJ-MediaTools
See how to translate DJ-MediaTools gallery content elements to any language you need.
Recipe - How to create gallery right from the regular Joomla article with DJ-MediaTools
Read how to create and insert images gallery from the regular Joomla article.
Besides the list of tutorials, there is an expanded DJ-MediaTools documentation section, where you can find a complete list of available included components’ packages, see how to install the gallery component, how to configure it, how to create a new gallery album, or new custom gallery item and much many more!
DJ-MediaTools site contains a video section. We’ve crafted a set of video tutorials to teach you to how to use some of our popular Joomla gallery tools and features. They should give you a good start. We’ll keep adding more.
Create Galleries from Joomla! Article
Learn how to create and add the gallery to the Joomla! An article in a straightforward way without leaving the article itself.
Multiupload and Drag & Drop
See how to create a new gallery album and add pictures easily thanks to a multi-upload and drag and drop options.
Automatic Thumbnails of YouTube and Vimeo movies
Video thumbnails management is an important feature - thumbnails can be automatically pulled from Youtube or Vimeo and used in the gallery and slideshows as the main images.
Virtuemart products support
The Virtuemart plugin is a result of Joomla gallery and VirtueMart integration. It gives you the control over displaying VirtueMart products.
New layout presentation - Modern Slider
See how to the Modern slider layout for gallery & slideshow extension looks in practice.
Display galleries in DJ-Classifieds adverts view with DJ-MediaTools layouts.
See how to configure and display the gallery in DJ-Classifieds adverts view using prepared layouts.
How to apply watermarks
This video shows how to apply watermarks to DJ-MediaTools gallery.
DJ-MediaTools comes with several integrations, which improves the extension's flexibility and allows the interactions between the gallery component and other Joomla extensions.
The integration plugin allows to set Joomla Content as a source of gallery component albums.
HikaShop Products can be used a source of DJ-MediaTools Gallery Albums.
This plugin allows to use DJ-Catalog2 Items as a source of DJ-MediaTools Gallery Albums.
FB Comments allows Facebook users to comment DJ-MediaTools gallery items.
K2 extension items can be used as a source of DJ-MediaTools gallery Albums.
The integration plugin is able to display EasyBlog items. It means they can be used in gallery albums.
Using this integration plugin is the best way to insert DJ-Classifieds ads as a source of DJ-MediaTools gallery Albums.
Disqus users can easily comment DJ-MediaTools gallery items
Virtuemart Products can be used as a source of DJ-MediaTools gallery Albums.
Joomla SobiPro integration
Thanks to the integration plugin users can set SobiPro as a source of gallery albums.
Thanks to an integration with JComments users are able comment DJ-MediaTools gallery item views.
Integration with Falang integration gives the possibility to translate installed gallery extension elements like albums or items.
It is important for us that our Joomla gallery extension is easy to use for every user, so we offer multilingual translations in:
We constantly expand the number of the gallery component translations available.
DJ-MediaTools Joomla Gallery version 2.12
- (+) wrapped play, pause, prev, next and indicators button with tag in the slider layout
- (+) labels support added for DJ-Catalog2 album source type
- (+) quick preview button option in the DJ-Catalog2 album source type
- (+) easyblog source plugin update for compatibility with EasyBlog 5.2+
- (+) skitter slideshow script and css was updated to the latest version
- (+) albums limit per page option in the global component configuration
- (+) plupload script updated to the latest version
- (+) upload album script rewritten to jQuery
- (+) old Joomla 2.5 submenu changed to Joomla 3 sidebar in the back-end
- (+) back-end control panel changed to grid layout
- (+) added playback video in the background (looped & muted) option for slideshow, slideshow with thumbnails, tabber and modern slider layout
- (+) added playback full video directly in the slideshow (with sound and controls) option for slideshow, slideshow with thumbnails, tabber, modern slider, gallery grid and masonry layout
- (+) replaced blank gif image with svg inline image what improves responsiveness
- (+) added photoswipe lightbox script
- (+) Presets - predefined album settings
- (+) "Clear" button for DJ-MediaTools Album field
- (+) defining source of the item description in the Joomla Articles Album Source plugin
- (+) defining source of the item image in the Joomla Articles Album Source plugin
- (+) added DJ-MediaTools Albums Grid module
- (+) added DJ-MediaTools Album Joomla Custom Filed
- (+) added Default Preset option for DJ-MediaTools Content Plugin
- (+) show/hide album options based on other options selection
- (!) displaying correct event time by djevetns album source plugin
- (!) uploading files greater than chunk size (default is 1MB) via multiple images uploader
- (!) close modal window on album insertion into editor on the front-end
- (!) fix saving album description in the modal window
- (!) fixed javescript error when there is no slider layout, because of some reason (e.g. cache)
- (!) Warning: filemtime(): stat failed [...] in /administrator/components/com_djmediatools/lib/image.php on line 73
- (!) fixed gallery grid item description showing on mouse over
- (-) removed depreciated lightbox scripts: slimbox and picbox
DJ-MediaTools Joomla Gallery version 2.11
- (+) added option to enable/disable watermark for individual albums
- (+) added front-end images lossless optimization with cron url
- (+) added ken burns effect option for slideshow, slideshow with thumbs, tabber, modern slider layouts
- (+) added in djclassifieds source plugin option to display other ads of the author of currently viewed ad (DJ-Classifieds 3.7.1+ required)
- (!) changed fetching image order in the articles source plugin: full text image, intro image, image from full text, image from intro text, default image
- (!) fixed displaying images in Skitter Slideshow layout when EF4 framework lazy images loading is enabled
- (!) fixed notice message "Use of undefined constant DJClassifiedsSEO in plugins/djmediatools/djclassifieds/djclassifieds.php on line 174" in djclassifieds source plugin
- (!) fixed error "Call to undefined method DJMediatoolsModelCategories::getParams()" on the front-end submission album view
- (!) fixed limited width of the skitter slideshow album layout
- (!) fixed displaying description on the first slide in the Kwicks Panels album layout
- (!) correct event date and time in albums with DJ-Events source
- (!) other minor fixes
DJ-MediaTools Gallery ver. 2.10.1
- updated dj-classifieds source plugin for ads links compatibility with DJ-Classifieds 3.7 version
- fix for lazy gallery grid images loading in j3.8
- fix translating old params to new in content source plugin
DJ-MediaTools Gallery ver. 2.10
- added front-end managing of gallery albums with custom items source
- added Masonry gallery album layout
- updated Album Source Content plugin - now a lot of options are available (inc. dynamic mode, multiple categories to select, displaying date, category, author and hits)
- updated Album Source K2 plugin - compatibility with latest K2 2.8.0
- fixed translations of module options and global gallery component options
- fixed message layout above the uploader in the gallery album form
- fixed thumbnails animation in the slideshow with thumbnails layout
- fixed tabs animation in the tabber layout
DJ-MediaTools Gallery ver. 2.9.6
- fixed images size and multiple upload interface design in the album form layout
- fixed message layout above the uploader in the album form
- fixed notice message in the router.php file
DJ-MediaTools Gallery ver. 2.9.5
- fixed creating a useless copy of the original image if watermarks are disabled
- fixed upload of gallery images which were mistakenly treated as infected
- fixed gallery images optimization (updated resmush.it endpoint URL)
- fixed gallery albums and items URLs routing
- other minor fixes