jWeather by ip
The module jWeather by ip shows a unique weather for each visitor to your site.
The module jWeatherByIp allows you to choose between WorldWeatherOnline, Dark Sky, Visual Crossing, Open-Meteo and OpenWeatherMap, and between IPGeolocation.io and Geoplugin.com.
Starting from v.2.3.0, jWeatherByIP can use Open-Meteo weather station.
Starting from v.2.2.0, jWeatherByIP can use VisualCrossing weather station. In this case, you can use your icons to display the weather status. Icons are located in the 'img' directory.
Starting from v.1.9, jWeatherByIP is includes the ability to show the weather on the Google Map.
Starting from v.1.13, jWeatherByIP can use Dark Sky weather station. In this case, you can use your icons to display the weather status. Icons are located in the 'img' directory.
v.1.14: Added support for geoPlugin (geoplugin.com) and display of weather conditions for static geographical coordinates.
v.1.17: Added MARINE, SAILING AND SURFING WEATHER WorldWeatherOnline API.
Getting Started, step by step:
- Install module.
- Your new Joomla module is already working! The Open-Meteo API and geoPlugin are enabled by default. There is no need to register access keys.
- Optional. Go to WorldWeatherOnline.com and get your premium api_key. Attention, World Weather Online Free API signup has now been suspended. For new users to use Weather API they will be issued Premium Trial key for free testing for 30 days.
- Optional: you can use OpenWeatherMap weather station (60 calls/minute, 1000000 calls/month Free).
- Optional: you can use Visual Crossing weather station (1000 records/day).
- By default, this module uses the free plugin to geotargeting geoPlugin. Optional: go to IPGeolocation.io and get your free (1K Daily Limit) or Premium api_key.
- Go to "Module Manager" -> "jWeather by ip", enter your api_keys, select the required options and turn on the module.