Skyline Simple Download
Right now if I want to link to an image, a PDF or an MP3, those files would open in the browser window. But what if your visitors would like to save those files? Some files that open in the browser are easy to save (PDFs), but others are difficult (MP3s) and explaining the process to site visitors could be messy and painful. Well, Simple Downloads can make this job easy. Once configured, you can create a special link that looks the same as any other link, but when you click in, the linked file is downloaded instead of being viewed/displayed in the browser.
Simple Downloads allows you to add simple syntax in Joomla content to create linked files. Files can be shown in single or list type. All files downloaded by registered users will be recorded detailedly in the back-end download logs.
- Compatibility: Simple Downloads works well on Joomla 2.5, Joomla 3 and later versions.
- Simple Syntax: By adding simple syntax, you can show downloadable files in Joomla content.
- Folder Template: The default template of downloadable file list can be configured in the component’s configuration. Besides, you can create as many templates as possible in the Folder Templates section.
- Download Logs: Download hits will be recorded with full information of file id, referring page, IP address, download status and download time. Search tool and dropdown filters help you to track file downloads more easily.
- Allowed Extensions: zip, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, jpg, png are some default file extensions in Simple Downloads but you can add any file extension that you want.
- Cipher File: Simple Downloads supports the function to call the file that will encrypt/decrypt the file path so users cannot download unintended items.
- Base Download Path: You are allowed to set a “base path” that all files must be located in to be downloaded.
- File Not Found Message: You can customize File Not Found message using Joomla Content Editor.
- Can hide links from Search Engine.