Easy to run backups but unable to restore.
Have followed documentation and video tutorials but continues to fail.
Ease of use
Easy to run backups but as like functionality, unable to restore after several attempts
No support unless you pay a squillion.
Far from happy with this extension
Documentation is excellent but does not give you help if things fail.
I used this to:
Attempting to transfer websites to a new webhost but still unable to successfully transfer.
Thank you for your review, but it's very objectively factually incorrect.
Our documentation does have troubleshooting instructions for the backup, restoration, and post-restoration of the site. As a matter of fact, I have put in writing our experience of having answered tens of thousands of support tickets, forum posts, emails, Facebook posts and DMs, Reddit posts, and in-person questions regarding these matters. The documentation which has this information is available free of charge to anyone so that nobody can falsely claim that the all important troubleshooting information is hidden behind a paywall. That is NOT my ethic and I take personal and grave offence at the mere insinuation that I would do something like that.
So, let's see how you can troubleshoot the restoration.
If you have a problem with the archive extraction of the backup archive go to our site, Support, Documentation, Akeeba Kickstart and scroll down to the Troubleshooting section. Relevant links:
* Akeeba Kickstart won't run at all or throws a Parse Error: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-kickstart-documentation/troubleshooting.html#kswontrunatall
* I get PHP Warning, Norice or Deprecated errors when trying to run Akeeba Kickstart: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-kickstart-documentation/ksphperrors.html
* Akeeba Kickstart starts but it does not list my archive files: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-kickstart-documentation/ksnoarchives.html
* Akeeba Kickstart starts, but can't extract the archive, throws an AJAX Error, Invalid Archive Header or other error: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-kickstart-documentation/kscantextract.html
* I am getting AJAX errors with some weird 403, 500, 502 or 503 code: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-kickstart-documentation/ajax-error-weird-code.html
* Extraction stuck on Windows: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-kickstart-documentation/stuck-on-windows.html
If you have a problem with the actual site restoration script (ANGIE) and assuming you are using Akeeba Backup for Joomla 4, you go to our site, Support, Documentation, Akeeba Backup for Joomla 4 and scroll down to "Restoration (ANGIE) troubleshooting". Here are the relevant links:
* ANGIE reports that the session write path and the installation directory is unreadable: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/abiissues.html#abisession
* PHP errors , warnings, notices or a blank page upon accessing ANGIE / restoration: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/abiphperrors.html
* Some required or optional settings are red in ANGIE's first page: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/abiredsettings.html
* I can't restore my database, or receive AJAX Error, timeout or other errors while restoring my database with ANGIE: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/abidatabase.html
* I restored my database but can't proceed to the next page of ANGIE: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/abiafterdb.html
* My configuration.php wasn't written to disk after ANGIE ran: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/abinoconfig.html
* Any other ANGIE error: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/abimisc.html
If you have a problem with the site after the restoration and assuming you are using Akeeba Backup for Joomla 4, you go to our site, Support, Documentation, Akeeba Backup for Joomla 4 and scroll down to "Troubleshooting restored sites". Relevant links:
* Common issues on restored sites and how to solve them: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/restoration-troubleshooting.html#prbasicts
* Common issues on restored sites due to PHP incompatibilities between the source and target server: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/prphpissues.html
* When updating the restored site, the original site changes as well (Entangled web sites): https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/prentangled.html
* Clicking on a link on the restored site takes me to the original site (link migration issues): https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/prlinkmigration.html
* Issues arising from your computer configuration, browser, ISP, antivirus and firewall incompatibilities: https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/client-site-troubleshooting.html
Further to that, we have collected invaluable generic information concerning backing up and restoring sites in "General guidelines for backing up and restoring your site": https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/restoring-backups.html#general-guidelines
If all else fails, you **can** restore your backups using the "Unorthodox: the emergency restoration procedure": https://www.akeeba.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-joomla/unorthodox-emergency-restoration.html
So, please, do not rate the software and the documentation based on your false assumptions. Actually do put the effort into reading the documentation, it has the information you need to help yourself. If you cannot be bothered reading the documentation I will be happy to help, but I do expect you to pay for a subscription because you are asking me to spend my time to save yours, so it's only fair to ask you for compensation — that's how I finance the full time job of maintaining this software, sponsoring Joomla events, and contributing back to Joomla (just look at all my contributions including but not limited to Joomla Update, WebAuthn, Two Factor Authentication, Multi-factor Authentication, Quick Icons and much, much more). In short, either use your time for free, or use mine for a small fee (and simultaneously fund the development of this software and Joomla itself).