d2 Content is a free component for Joomla! to make it more easy to manage, add and edit your Joomla articles in the backend. It works well alongside Joomla's core Article Manager (com_content), with your existing articles, and with the WYSIWYG editor of your choice (TinyMCE, JCE, etc). You will get an optimized editing form for your content - just the fields you need! Furthermore in the overview of articles you can easily see which articles have an intro image that is used on category blog pages.
We have created websites for many years for our clients. Honestly, we can't remember how often we had to explain to them which fields to edit and which fields to not touch. It never worked out well and they kept calling us for support again, asking:
- why is something on the website is not showing up?
- why does the sorting not work as expected?
- or why are they not performing well on the Google search results.
For example they often missed the "meta description" on the "Published" tab, which is essential for how Google displays text from your website in the search results. Or they changed the wrong date field and something like sorting did not work as expected.
- Makes SEO easier - Add the meta description just beside your content.
- Easy design - Never forget your intro image again and have a great design on your site.
- Improved UX - Focus only on the important fields when editing your content.
Joomla is great!
Joomla gives you all the options you want ... but for normal users that might be to much, they are just overwhelmed.
- 76 fields
- 6 tabs (+ tabs for custom fields and plugins)
- 9 fields
- 1 tab (+ tabs for custom fields and plugins)
d2 Content is easy - it solving these problems:
- Only the fields you need
- All fields on one page
- Works with custom fields (if configured)
- Intro Image in articles list (optional)
d2 Content makes it easier to create and manage your articles.
It does not replace "Content > Articles". It just uses the same content with an optimized form.
You can use d2 Content and Joomla's Article Manager alongside each other!