WARNING: Users should upgrade to this release 3.2.6 of Attachments which fixes a SQL injection vulnerability in the previous release. Updates in this release are shown at the bottom of this page.
The 'Attachments' extension for Joomla! allows files to be uploaded and attached to articles and other types of content. URLs can also be attached. 'Attachments' includes the ability to attach files and edit attachments from the front end as well as from the administrative back end. There are options to control who can see the attachments and who can upload them, along with many other options to increase its flexibility and usefulness.
Attachments gives you several ways to add, edit, and delete your attachments on the front end, back end, and in article editors on the front and back ends (including during article creation). There are many options to control who can see attachments. When you add or edit attachments, page updates are done quickly without full page reloads.
If you plan to use this extension for sensitive files, use the 'Secure' mode. This provides secure storage of attachment files and prevents access by anyone without logging in.
INSTALLATION IS SIMPLE: Use the Joomla installer with the single installation zip file. The component and all plugins are installed in a single step. Attachments uses the Joomla "upgrade" capability and can be installed over previous versions of Attachments.
WARNING: To uninstall Attachments go to the extension manager and search for: "Package: Attachments for Joomla". Uninstall it and it will uninstall the Attachments component and all Attachments plugins.
There is only one supported version of Attachments:
- Attachments version 3.2+ for Joomla 3.x
- The current version is 3.2.6 (updated for Joomla 3.8.6)
- The 3.x versions will NOT work on Joomla 1.5
- See demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMzOVNfYJIo&hd=1
- FORUMS: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/attachments3/forum/
The Attachments extension files have been moved to:
- Source code: /https://github.com/jmcameron/attachments
- Translations: /https://github.com/jmcameron/attachments_translations
Version 2.x for Joomla 1.5 or Joomla 2.5.x is no longer supported
If you would like to subscribe to an email list for announcements about the Attachments extension, please visit: http://jmcameron.net/attachments/email-list.html
2018-03-26: Release 3.2.6
- 2017-05-27 Fixed category attachments for 3.7+ changes
- 2017-05-28 Another fix for category article list menu item
- 2017-07-12 Fixed issue with article selection
- 2017-07-13 Fixed issue with admin attachment list popups not working
- 2018-03-25 Added fixes to clean user inputs (fix SQL injection vulnerability)
- Tested with Joomla 3.8.6
- Jonathan Cameron
- Last updated:
Apr 29 2018
3 years ago
- Date added:
- Sep 24 2007
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- c p
Write a review