Let me start this with saying I've been very pleased with other RSJoomla plugins. But this deserves special attention.
I have a handful of problems, I will address them in direct relationship to the features as they are currently promoted.
* Monitor and compare the SEO performances of your competitors against yours
* Compare them using compare.com
* Check the page rank, google, yahoo and bing backlinks and the number of indexed pages
A convenience only in that it reports your site's Alexa rank, but simply go to alexa get it for free along with a lot more useful metrics. Search "google backlink checker" and you can find the other values. There are no Yahoo backlinks displayed. The Bing Pages and Bing Backlinks report null values currently. Essentially worthless.
* Index all your website pages
* Each page gets a grade based on its SEO performance
* Follow the simple instructions to optimize each and every page and make it SEO perfect
* Set up Unique title for each page, unique description and set up keywords
Useful when it works. Easy to edit meta data and provides basic guideline/suggestions. Such as "Add alt tags to your images" and "Your title text is too long" --- Basic stuff. The most painful part of this process however is for some reason it display pages that no longer exist from an OLD version of the website. These pages no longer exist on the server, nor were they even build using Joomla. Stuff from years ago that I can only assume is being reported by old search engine links. Turning a few hundred page actual website into slogging through almost 10,000 old links. Most being odd links like RSS feeds, or odd search pages, or components... When I display "ALL" Firefox about chokes on all the links RSSeo is trying to display and it becomes unusable.
* Set up permanent or temporary redirects for the old links
Yes. It will do this. You manually enter the full URL for any old page and manually enter the URL for the new page on your website to redirect too. An option to select a page from current website would go a long way versus manually entering each URL. If you are needing to re-direct a lot of links, you will have a bad time.
* Generate the complete Google and Yahoo! Sitemap for ALL your website!
Yes. Nothing fancy here. Already have a plugin that does this free.
* Crawl all your website to index all the web pages
* Set up links that you want to ignore from crawling(ideal for user profiles, etc..)
* Set up automatic crawler to index new found pages when these are visited
This starts, scans 3 pages, quits and reports nothing.
* Monitor your Google position for the keywords that are important to your business
* Automatically bold, underline or assign links to keywords when they are found in the front-end
See no reference to google position of keywords in this option. I literally am trying right now to add a keyword to "automatically bold/link" etc. It doesn't appear to effect any of the keywords on my site.
Integration with Google Analytics
* Traffic sources report
* Visitors report
* Content report
This is the kicker. After configuring the Google API to allow RSSeo to query the Google Analytics, my website got blocked by Google from using the GAPI system. My hosting company says its a problem with the plug-in. Not everyone has this issue, but assuming this forum thread on the RSJoomla site doesn't get taken down because of this review, there are hundreds of websites that now suffer from this problem with absolutely ZERO explanation from RSJoomla as to why:
Google "403 error RSSeo" for more.
Thankfully I paid during a 50% off sale, otherwise I'd be really peeved. This plugin needs some serious fixing.
Also, the documentation is out of date. For instance, their instructions for configuring the Google API references doesn't use their current interface.