Joomla! has a long history of being the perfect CMS (Content Management System). in previous versions (1.x / 2.5), although maturing, the Content (articles) generation and displaying lacked Blog functionality. There are different requirements in having a Blog then in having an article.
Joomla! 4.0 ready!
Time to leverage your Joomla! CMS into a fully fledged Blog platform!
ochBlog comes with a brand new ochImage fields plugin. This builds upon the new Joomla 3.7 fields component. It enables to upload and crop images. Usage of this plugin is not limited to ochBlog (avatar) but because it is build on standard Joomla functionality can also be used in other components / articles!
Adding ochBlog functionality to your Joomla! CMS gives you (and your bloggers) the following benefits:
- seamlessly 'convert' Articles into Blogs: configure which Joomla! categories (include / exclude) hold your Blog articles.
- Full Front-end Blogmanagement: Give your bloggers a searchable overview of all the blogs (they have access-rights to) including a create new button! Everything they need in one overview!
- Differentiate between regular bloggers and pro-bloggers: Configure which bloggers (via Joomla! user group membership) should have 'pro-blogger' functionality: their avatar and name are linked to a professional Authorprofile page showcasing all their expertise. This gives you the possibility to e.g. differentiate between normal and paying bloggers.
- Integrated Avatar support: currently supports avatars from ochBlog (via Joomla! custom user field > upload and crop images), Kunena, Easy-Profile, Gravatar, CJblog (1.x and 2.x)
- Integrated About text support: currently supports author about text from ochBlog (via Joomla! custom user field), Kunena (about / signature), Easy-Profile (any field), Gravatar, CJblog (1.x and 2.x)
- Integrated Follow Me support: via a new Custom User Field plugin your author can add hte following Follow Me links: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Google+, Youtube, Pinterest, Tumbl, Snapchat, Reddit, Flickr, Medium, SoundCloud, Skype, Vimeo, Github, SlideShare, Blogger, StumbleUpon, About.me, VK
- Integrated Authorprofile page support: Use the ochBlog build in Authorprofile page or use the Kunena, Easy-Profile, Gravatar, CJblog (1.x and 2.x) profile pages
- Dynamic Article info: Add your bloggers avatar, Social Sharing buttons, Article info (dates, category, reading time, etc), badges for the article based on article hits, article hits, etc. to your article. Fully configurable!
- Credits information: Give proper credits to coauthors, photographer, etc. above or below the article text, customizable via Joomla! Custom Article Fields!
- Dynamic Article Author info: Add your bloggers avatar, Social Sharing buttons, Author badges (based on number of articles written, unlimited number of badges can be configured), Author about text is displayed for 'pro-bloggers' with a dynamic [read full profile] button when length of the text is above configured parameter
- Dynamic Author badges: Automatically add Author badges based on number of blogs (quantitative) or on influence score (qualitative): unlimited number of badges can be configured and assigned
- Content Construction: use values from Kunena user profile, Joomla! User profile, Easy-Profile and Joomla! 3.7.x custom User fields to dynamically replace variables with their values.
- Build-in Authors overview page: giving you an overview of all authors based on their group membership and sortable (name, id, number of blogs, random).
- Build-in Authorprofile page: giving you the basic functionality: background image, avatar, bio (fully configurable with Content Construction), about text and Social Sharing functionality. It also holds two module positions so you can extend the Authorprofile page with (any number) of Joomla! modules!
- RSS feed on Authorprofile page: give your Authors the possibility to integrate their blogs easily on their own platform via a RSS feed of all their articles. Or let visitors subcribe to that feed creating even more engaged visitors.
- Increase Blogger commitment with Notification system: Automatically notify the Blog author when the blog reaches a configured number of hits. Unlimited hit limits can be configured and the email message works with Content Construction so the message can be customized to suit your bloggers need.
- Article list module: Sharing the code base of Joomla's own 'Articles - Category' module this module adds avatar, author and Authorprofile page functionality to the already fully packed functionality!
- Articles list view: The 'swiss-army-knive' when it comes to displaying your authors articles in a list!
- Canonical URL: Set on a per article base the canonical URL via Joomla! Custom Article (URL) field. No more SEO penalties for duplicate content on your articles!
- and more to come....
"Thanks for the recent updates and additions to what's easily making ochBlog (in my opinion) the best, the most feature rich and certainly my favourite Joomla Content Construction Kit (CCK)." - Daclina