Are you tired of people using disposable email addresses to register on your website? Do you want to protect your users from spam and abuse? Then you need ochStopDMR!
ochStopDMR - Stop User Registrations with Disposable Mail addresses on your website!
What is ochStopDMR?
ochStopDMR is a Joomla! system plugin that prevents users from registering on your website using disposable email addresses. It works by checking the domain part of the user's email address against a database of over 130,000 known disposable email domains. If the user's email domain is found in the database, they will be prevented from registering.
Benefits of ochStopDMR:
There are several reasons why you might need ochStopDMR:
- Prevent spam and abuse: Disposable email addresses are often used by spammers and trolls to create fake accounts on websites. This can lead to an increase in spam and abuse on your website.
- Improve the quality of your user base: By preventing users from registering with disposable email addresses, you can improve the quality of your user base. This is because disposable email addresses are often used by people who are not serious about using your website.
- Protect your reputation: If your website is known for being easy to register for with a disposable email address, it can damage your reputation. ochStopDMR can help you to protect your reputation by making it more difficult for spammers and trolls to create accounts on your website.
Features of ochStopDMR - Single Site:
- Can be used on one Joomla! website
- Blocks over 130,000 known disposable email domains
- Checks if the email address has a valid mx-record in the domain’s DNS record
- Checks if the email address has a valid TLD (Top Level Domain)
- Works with all Joomla! extensions that use Joomla! User Accounts
- Easy to use and configure
- Fully compatible with Joomla! 4.3 and later
- Ruud van Lent
- Last updated:
Nov 06 2023
1 month ago
- Date added:
- Apr 04 2019
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- J4 J5
Write a review