sigplus adds photo and multimedia galleries to a Joomla article with a simple syntax. It takes a matter of minutes to set up but comes with a vast range of options for advanced users.
Despite its versatility, sigplus is completely free. It is a full-fledged product with all features included, there is no need to buy a commercial professional version for extra features or purchase club membership to unlock additional privileges.
- user-selectable pop-up window engine, including boxplus (specifically designed for sigplus), Bootstrap Modal, Fancybox and Slimbox2
- user-selectable image slider/carousel/rotator
- free-flow and grid layout mode; row, column and grid arrangement
- fully responsive, mobile-enabled
- build gallery from images on the server or photos on Flickr
- support for image types .jpg, .png and .gif (with and without transparency, with and without animation)
- multimedia support (HTML video tag)
- best-fit thumbnail generation with automatic cropping and centering
- progressive load feature to save network bandwidth: only those images are fetched from the server that are to be shown
- multiple galleries per content item and per page
- multilingual, search engine-friendly image labels and more verbose description set globally or for each individual image
- right-to-left language support
- image caption templates
- image metadata processing; IPTC and EXIF data extraction
- download option to save high-resolution image version
- custom styling (e.g. preview image margin, border, padding and opacity, slide duration and animation delay)
- custom sort criteria (user-defined, file name, last modification time and random order)
- integrates into Joomla content editor and Joomla search
- large gallery support (100 or more images in a single gallery)
- default global settings for the entire site and local parameter overrides for individual galleries
- restricted-access galleries
- and more...