SIMGallery 7.0 has been released and it works with Joomla 4 natively!
SIMGallery is the TRUE community-driven gallery. Integrated seamlessly with JomSocial, EasySocial, Community Builder and JomWall (JS/ES/CB/JW) it allows your users to create and manage their own albums, photos and videos. SIMGallery mirrors the gallery feature of Facebook EXACTLY! Browsing is as easy as using the arrow keys.
- Media type: Photos, Profile Pictures, Videos, Wall photos/videos
- Fully responsive: displays beautifully on ALL devices
- Theater mode
- Facebook photos import
- Upload/link videos
- Remote storage (Amazon S3)
- Advanced access settings
- Multiple profile pictures management (optional)
- Google Maps
- Categories (optional). Search albums/photos based on categories
- Tag media, post comments, like media, like comments, report media, set photo as profile picture, download photos, set access levels etc etc
- 3 different types of tags: tags of users, custom tags, and keyword tags (that can be set in the configuration). If you have keyword tags set, users can search for media based on these tags.
- Migrate existing media from JomSocial and EasySocial.
Combine categories with keywords for a truly powerful community gallery! Eg. Categories: Houses, Condos and Apartments; Keywords: 2-room, 3-room, refurbished, new. SIMGallery will now display meaningful search results. Allows you to run specific themed websites for real estate, pets, model agency, photography etc or just general community. The sky's the limit!
SIMGallery can be used standalone without the need for JS/ES/CB/JW. However, if you're integrating with them, there are 2 levels of integration:
Level 1) Post new activities on JS/ES's wall, JomWall, and CB Activity. Also post notifications for JS and ES users. SIMGallery will remain its own separate gallery, while your users will still be able to use JS/ES's gallery. Useful if you need a community gallery with category features.
Level 2) SIMGallery will completely take over JS/ES's photo and/or video gallery (ES does not have videos, so SIMGallery fixes that). All links to JS/ES's gallery will be redirected to the relevant SIMGallery links. SIMGallery will automatically create a new Wall Photos album for every user and display wall photos in them! Your users can continue to post wall photos or videos on JS/ES, and they will be linked to SIMGallery.
SIMGallery allows admins to set 2 types of user group permissions:
1) Admins - access and delete all media in the frontend regardless of permissions.
2) Media - create albums and upload photos/videos. Instead of all registered users, you can limit this to particular user group(s).
SIMGallery comes with 4 modules: the Albums module, Photos module, Videos module and Ranking module. These modules are super highly configurable, and the Ranking module even allows you to run contests on your website.
It also comes with JS, ES and CB plugins that will display a user's latest albums, photos or videos on their profiles.
It's IMPOSSIBLE to describe everything here! Please check the documentation for full description.
- Mike Feng
- Last updated:
Feb 26 2020
3 years ago
- Date added:
- Aug 25 2008
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- c m p
- J3 J4
Write a review