Akeeba Backup Core is the most widely used open-source backup component for the Joomla! CMS. Its mission is simple: create a site backup that can be restored on any Joomla!-capable server, making it ideal not only for backups but also for site transfers or even deploying sites to your clients' servers. Akeeba Backup creates a full backup of your site in a single archive. The archive contains all the files, a database snapshot and an installer similar in function to the standard Joomla! installer. The backup and restore process is AJAX powered to avoid server timeouts, even with huge sites. Alternatively, you can make a backup of only your database, or only your files. Akeeba Backup is the reliable, easy to use, open source backup solution for your Joomla! site.
Joomla! 3.9 and later, PHP 7.2 and later. We have older versions for end of life Joomla and PHP versions on our site.
- The Configuration Wizard configures itself for optimal operation with your site, automatically.
- The fastest and most reliable native PHP backup engine.
- One click backup.
- Site transfer wizard. Transfer your site between servers fast and easily.
- Restore with Akeeba Kickstart (free of charge script): restore extracting the backup directly on the server; no need to upload thousands of files by FTP!
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format.
- Exclude specific files, folders.
- Exclude specific database tables or their contents.
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (e.g. XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, etc).
and much, much more!
Note: The Akeeba Backup Core component, its documentation and its video tutorials are free of charge. Support for the software and an edition with advanced features (not listed above) are, however, not free of charge. If you are filing a review please make sure that it concerns the Akeeba Backup Core edition and the features we make available free of charge, in line with the Joomla Extension Directory's rules. Thank you!
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION AND WATCH OUR VIDEO TUTORIALS! ***
- Akeeba Ltd
- Last updated:
Mar 02 2021
3 months ago
- Date added:
- Jun 05 2007
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- c m p
- J3 J4 Beta
Write a review