Import users to Community Builder from Excel or CSV file
✔ Imports new and updates existing users from Excel or CSV file
✔ Supports any Community Builder fields
✔ Sends "Welcome" emails to imported users
This extension imports users to Joomla and Community Builder from Excel/CSV file. Each user is created as standard Community Builder user, so that you will have full control over the imported users and they will have access to all the benefits that the Community Builder users have.
"Community Builder User Import" supports the following users data:
- Any Community Builder custom fields like Address, Telephone, Website.
- All standard Joomla User fields like Username, Name, Email, Group(s), etc.
- Joomla 3.7+ Fields supported - any custom fields you create.
Main features of CommunityBuilder Import Users component:
- You can add new users, update existing users or do both actions at once.
- Columns order in the file is not important, so you can match them the way you need.
- Community Builder, K2 and AcyMailing native support.
- You can import users into a group - you can specify groups to which users should be imported/migrated in import settings or match the "group" column from your file.
- Password type option - you can specify the type of password in your file: plain (non-encrypted) or Joomla encrypted.
- User password auto-generation. If you want to import / migrate users but your file doesn't contain passwords - it is not a problem. Our import extension will create new passwords and send them to the users by email.
- You can send "Welcome" email to new imported users - you can notify newly imported users and send them their logins/passwords. This is useful when CommunityBuilder User Import generates passwords automatically.
- You can import multiple dropdown values - To import several values, please specify them in the following format - "qwe||asd||zxc" (this format is required by Community Builder).
- Profiles feature - Planning to import users often? - Just specify import settings and save them into Profile. Later you can begin to import by a single click on the needed Profile. You can create as many Profiles as you wish (e.g. for different file formats).
- You can manage access to "Import Users" component - Want to grant / limit access to this product for certain users groups? "Permissions" settings will come in handy.
- You can block non-existent users in Excel/CSV. Each user who is a member of the group(s) (which you specify before starting the importing) and not mentioned in Excel/CSV file can be blocked.
- You can schedule import (using Cron) feature - This is helpful when there is a need to import each half an hour/hour/day, etc. Please contact us for more details.
- Joomla 1.6, 1.7, 2.5, 3.X supported
- PayPlans support available in separate version.
- With our export extension you can migrate users from one Joomla to another. To migrate users you need to export users in excel first (see the "Other Extension" tab on this page).
- Added Email Report that can be downloaded after import is complete. This feature is useful if you enabled email notifications to new or existing users, so that you can download email report and see if all emails are sent.
Workflow of Community Builder users import:
- Upload File.
- Setup import settings.
- Check preview of what is going to be imported.
- Import users.
Usually import of a single user takes between 0.1 and 0.2 second but mostly it depends on the format you use (CSV is a little faster) and the server configuration.
Import of 3000 users in Excel format takes around 7 mins.
Contact Us or Report a bug:
Please do not use Reviews section for asking questions or reporting a bug.
For this purpose please contact us via the form on our website:
Does import utilize the standard functionality of sending out “welcome” mails to users during importing process ?
Import has its own more advanced "welcome" emails notifications (compared to joomla's), so you can create custom message, specify login, password, links and much more. To enable email notification switch to "Advanced Mode" on step 2.
Does it support national characters and UTF-8?
Sure, our import supports all characters from UTF-8, for example: Ü, ß, É, 字 - just be ensured that your file has UTF-8 encoding.
How to generate passwords automatically ?
If you don't have passwords in your excel/CSV file our import will generate passwords automatically. Passwords strength will be based on "Joomla Password Options" (go to Admin Panel->Users->Manage->Options->Password Options).
Is it possible to embed a logo image or list into the notification email ?
Sure, in the popup with email editor switch to "Source code" mode and using HTML you can customize your email template in the way you need.
Ticket “#XXXX” has been created.
Fast way to fix this issue is to change settings in Joomla administrator panel. Please go to: "System -> Global Configuration -> Server" and change "Error Reporting" field to "None" value. If it doesn’t help, please contact us and provide us with the ticket number.
Step 3, not all users are going to be imported, why?
There are a few reasons why some users might not be imported, e.g. the user doesn't have a Username or the user is a duplicate (mentioned a second time in the file), etc . To find out the reason why some users can’t be imported, you need to hover your mouse over the user in the tab “Won’t be imported”.
I can't upload files more than X MB, why ?
Maximum file upload size is a global PHP setting (called uploadmaxfilesize), you need to increase this value. Most hosting providers allow you to change this setting in your Hosting Control Panel. Also you can ask your system administrator or developer to change it.
I have found a bug, how can it be fixed?
Simply contact us and let us know how to reproduce the bug, send us screenshots or a video if possible (you can use software like Jing). We will do our best to help you within a single business day!
Update to a new version. I got error - Update path does not exist.
Please login on our web-site https://www.ukrsolution.com under your account and download the latest version from: My Account -> My Products -> Select your product -> Download
Is it possible to migrate users from Wordpress to Joomla?
Our extension allows you to migrate users from any CMS. First you need to use Wordpress "migration" plugin and export all users to CSV file and afterwards migrate all users from CSV to Joomla using our extension.
Import users to Community Builder from Excel or CSV file
- Last updated:
Jan 18 2021
8 months ago
- Date added:
- Apr 18 2016
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- c e
Write a review