Import users to JomSocial from Excel or CSV file
✔ Imports new users and updates the existing ones from Excel or CSV file
✔ Supports any JomSocial fields
✔ Sends "Welcome" emails to imported users
This extension allows you to import users to Joomla and JomSocial from Excel/CSV file. Each user will be created as a regular JomSocial user, so you will have the full control over the imported users and they will have access to all the perks of registered users.
"JomSocial User Import" supports the following users data:
- Any JomSocial fields like Address, Telephone, Website.
- Standard Joomla User fields like Username, Name, Email, etc.
- Joomla 3.7+ Fields supported - any custom fields you create.
Main features of JomSocial User Import extension:
- You can add new users, update existing ones or do both actions at once.
- Columns order in Excel or CSV is not important, so you can match them the way you need.
- Native support of JomSocial, K2 and AcyMailing components.
- Group(s) import - You can specify groups to which users should be imported/migrated in import settings or match the group column from your file.
- Password type option - You can specify which type of passwords are in file: plain (non-encrypted) or encrypted.
- Password generation tool is available - If you want to import / migrate users but your file doesn't contain passwords, it is not a problem. Our import extension will create a new passwords and send them to the users by email.
- Notify imported users via email - You can specify logins, passwords, welcome message and other things in email template.
- "Profile feature" - If you are going to import often and don't want to set up settings before importing each time, use this feature. Just set the needed settings and save them in Profile. Later on you will be able to start importing by clicking on the needed Profile.
- Blocks users that don't exist in Excel/CSV file. For example, you have a user "Test User" who belongs to the "Manager" group on your website and you are importing users into "Manager" group. If your file doesn't contain information about the "Test User", then he will be blocked.
- Manages/limits access to "Import Users" component. Want to grant/limit access to this component for certain users groups? - Use "Permissions" for this.
- Imports multiple dropdown values. To import multiple values, please make sure that they have the following format - "coffee,tea,water," in your file (this format is required by JomSocial).
- Import on schedule (using Cron) is available in special edition.
- Compatible with Joomla 1.6, 1.7, 2.5, 3.X
- Can be used to migrate users from one joomla to another in combination with our export extension. To migrate users you need to export users in excel first (see "Other Extension" tab on this page).
- Added Email Report that can be downloaded after import is complete - This feature is useful if you have enabled email notifications to new or existing users, so that you can download email report and see if all emails are sent.
Workflow of import:
- Upload File.
- Setup import settings.
- Check preview of what is going to be imported.
- Import users.
"JomSocial User Import" Performance:
In the most cases import of a single user takes between 0.1 and 0.2 second but mostly it depends on the format you use (CSV is a little faster) and the server configuration.
Import of 3000 users in Excel format takes around 7 mins.
Contact Us or Report a bug:
Please do not use Reviews section for asking questions or reporting a bug.
For this purpose please contact us via the form on our website:
Does import utilize the standard functionality of sending out “welcome” mails to users during importing process ?
Import has its own more advanced "welcome" emails notifications (compared to joomla's), so you can create custom message, specify login, password, links and much more. To enable email notification switch to "Advanced Mode" on step 2.
Does it support national characters and UTF-8?
Sure, our import supports all characters from UTF-8, for example: Ü, ß, É, 字 - just be ensured that your file has UTF-8 encoding.
How to generate passwords automatically ?
If you don't have passwords in your excel/CSV file our import will generate passwords automatically. Passwords strength will be based on "Joomla Password Options" (go to Admin Panel->Users->Manage->Options->Password Options).
Is it possible to embed a logo image or list into the notification email ?
Sure, in the popup with email editor switch to "Source code" mode and using HTML you can customize your email template in the way you need.
Ticket “#XXXX” has been created.
Fast way to fix this issue is to change settings in Joomla administrator panel. Please go to: "System -> Global Configuration -> Server" and change "Error Reporting" field to "None" value. If it doesn’t help, please contact us and provide us with the ticket number.
Step 3, not all users are going to be imported, why?
There are a few reasons why some users might not be imported, e.g. the user doesn't have a Username or the user is a duplicate (mentioned a second time in the file), etc . To find out the reason why some users can’t be imported, you need to hover your mouse over the user in the tab “Won’t be imported”.
I can't upload files more than X MB, why ?
Maximum file upload size is a global PHP setting (called uploadmaxfilesize), you need to increase this value. Most hosting providers allow you to change this setting in your Hosting Control Panel. Also you can ask your system administrator or developer to change it.
I have found a bug, how can it be fixed?
Simply contact us and let us know how to reproduce the bug, send us screenshots or a video if possible (you can use software like Jing). We will do our best to help you within a single business day!
Update to a new version. I got error - Update path does not exist.
Please login on our web-site https://www.ukrsolution.com under your account and download the latest version from: My Account -> My Products -> Select your product -> Download
Is it possible to migrate users from Wordpress to Joomla?
Our extension allows you to migrate users from any CMS. First you need to use Wordpress "migration" plugin and export all users to CSV file and afterwards migrate all users from CSV to Joomla using our extension.
Import users to JomSocial from Excel or CSV file
- Last updated:
- May 17 2020
- Date added:
- Aug 03 2015
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
Write a review