Are you struggling with 'tuning' your images on your site for best performance and Google's page speed ranking?
What looks great on a desktop is a complete bandwidth waste on mobile devices. When optimizing the image for mobile devices, how will they look on all different sizes of devices out there and how will they 'blur' on the desktop?
Joomla! 4.0 BETA ready!
Time to automate Image (jpg/png) optimization and use HTML5 Image Srcsets
New in version 1.7.0: Support for automatically converting and serving WebP images to browsers that support this #SEO and PageSpeed awesome image format
With the ochResponsiveImages system plugin, you can configure a set of breakpoints: sizes for devices you want to support. For each break-point an optimized image is automatically generated and cached. Your original image is replaced with an HTML srcset containing all the cached images. What will happen now is that the browser of the visitor will decide which image fits best on his/her screen and only download that specific cached image!
The following break-points / rules are default, but can be customized to even fit your 'unique' template requirements:
- min-width: 1920px,1920px
- min-width: 1366px,1366px
- min-width: 1200px,1200px
- min-width: 992px, 992px
- min-width: 768px, 768px
- min-width: 575px, 575px
- min-width: 480px, 480px
What value does this plug-in add?
The ochResponsiveImages system plugin will:
- Speed- up your site: only correct sized images will be downloaded instead of large one-size-fits-almost-all images
- Improve your Google's Page Speed index as the images on the page are optimized for all devices
- Save you a lot of time resizing and compressing images manually... over and over again!
- Convert your images to the Google's new WebP nextgen image format and serve these to browsers that already support them
New in Version 1.7.0 (requires Joomla! 3.8+ | Joomla! 4.0)
- New: Support for WebP image format (when supported on your server) - Improved: correct handling of image when image width is set in % on image element - Improved: minor code improvements
New in Version 1.6.0 (requires Joomla! 3.8+ | Joomla! 4.0)
- New: Joomla! 4.0 Beta compatible
New in Version 1.5.0 (requires Joomla! 3.8+)
- New: Added option to add browser native lazy loading attribute on image srcsets - Improved: refactored srcset construction, omitting setting max-width attribute on element when image smaller then max image size - Improved: refactored image detection to also handle .JPG, .PNG (capitals) and .jpeg
New in Version 1.4.2 (requires Joomla! 3.8+)
- Improved: refactored Joomla One Click Update process to better handle configured Download ID and give more verbose (error / expire) messages
New in Version 1.4.1 (requires Joomla! 3.8+)
- Version: Switching to SemVer (Sematic Versioning) - Improved: plugin name conform Joomla! standard (System - ochResponsiveImages instead of ochResponsiveImages)
New in Version 0.1.4 (requires Joomla! 3.8+)
- Improved: replaced deprecated File::exists() function (installer)
new in version 0.1.3 (requires Joomla! 3.8+)
- Improvement: fix incorrect utf-8 encoding in script declarations when page in HTML5
New in version 0.1.2 (requires Joomla! 3.8+)
- Improvement: Force correct charset when HTML Cleanup is set
New in version 0.1.1 (requires Joomla! 3.8+)
- New: Added Exclude option for components - New: Added Exclude option for menus - New: Added basic debug information - Improvement: Joomla 3.9 code review
New in version 0.1.0 (requires Joomla! 3.8+)
- Hello world! - Initial version