OSMap is a Joomla sitemap generator. It will build an SEO-friendly XML sitemap for Google and other search engines. It will also build an HTML sitemap for your visitors.
Our Joomla sitemap extension is the most popular, it's very easy to use, and will save you a lot of time.
Sitemap Features in the Free version:
- Automatically builds an XML sitemap which is SEO-friendly
- Automatically builds an HTML sitemap to display to your site visitors
- Automatically builds an image sitemap for Google and other search engines
- Automatically builds a Google News sitemap
- Supports all Joomla core extensions, including expanded indexing
- Supports menu item indexing for 3rd party extensions
- Implements the Priority XML sitemap tag for each sitemap item
- Implements the Priority Frequency sitemap tag for each sitemap item
- All our of our Joomla Sitemap features are well documented
It's easy to upgrade to the Pro version. Pro version has these features:
- OSMap Pro supports expanded indexing for several non-core extensions
- Implements a "Noindex, Nofollow" option for single items in your sitemap
- Powerful caching system for large sitemaps Multi-column layouts for your HTML sitemaps
About the Company
Joomlashack was founded the day after Joomla started, all the way back in 2005. We’ve created and acquired a large collection of Joomla extensions over the years. We also have easy-to-use Joomla templates and the most popular Joomla training in the world.
So you can be sure that if you use our sitemap generator, you have a solid company behind you to support you.
What is a Sitemap?
A sitemap is a collection of links on your website. It creates an index that helps Google and other search engines to find your content.
Why does Google need a sitemap of your site?
It doesn’t need it, but it is very helpful to Google. With your Joomla sitemap enabled, Google knows exactly what links/pages are on the site. And it’s all in one place, ordered and in a format that’s very SEO-friendly. Therefore, Google doesn’t have to transverse your entire site looking for pages.
What are the benefits of sitemaps?
The biggest benefit to a sitemap is that your content gets added to Google quickly. With our sitemap, it is able to add your new pages in hours or days rather than weeks or months.
Why is it free? What’s the catch?
There is no catch. We want you to use and love our sitemap generator. You’re free to use it on as many sites as you want. We make our money by selling some extra features (like caching) in the Pro version. But you have everything you need in the Free version to create a professional Joomla sitemap.
What are the Technical Requirements?
Joomla 3 and PHP 5.6+.
How can I install your sitemap generator?
- Download the latest version of OSMap
- Go to your Joomla administrator
- Extensions -> Manage -> Install
- Upload OSMap and click the Install button
How can I upgrade to the latest version?
We integrate with Joomla’s update manager. You can update from your admin area by going to Extensions -> Manage -> Update, select OSMap, and click the update button.
That’s it! Nice and easy.
Alternatively, upgrading manually is the same steps as installing and everything will automatically be upgraded for you.
Can I use your sitemap generator in commercial projects?
Yes, our sitemap generator is licensed under the GPL. So you can use it in personal and commercial project, including in your client projects.
Can I see a demo of the generated sitemaps?
Yes, we have a demo page for both the XML sitemap and the HTML sitemap.
Where can I get support?
Use our contact form and one of our team will reply promptly. We pride ourselves on our support.
- Last updated:
Nov 02 2023
4 weeks ago
- Date added:
- Mar 05 2015
- GPLv2 or later
- Free download
- c p
- J3 J4 J5 (b/c plugin)
Write a review