EDocman is the leading document and files download manager extension for Joomla. Building on top of Joomla Access Control Level System (ACL) feature, Edocman gives you a very powerful, flexible permission system which you can use to control who can access, download, manage (edit, delete, publish, unpublish) your documents from both front-end and back-end of Joomla site.
EDocman allows you to organize your documents cross infinite categories and subcategories.
Hierarchical folders structure
Unlike other files download extension using just one folder to store all files, EDocman allows you to put your files in a hierarchical folder structure (the folder structure is based on the categories structure which you setup - each category will have it's own folder to store files as state above).
Easy, Powerful Documents Management
- Each document can be assigned to one or different categories.
- You can control who can view Documents via Access Level property of the document (Public, Registered, Special... and any custom access levels in your system).
- You can control who can view Downloads, Edit, Delete, Publish, Unpublish the document via Permissions settings (Joomla core ACL)
- You can assign document to one (or several users) and only the selected users will be able to view and download that document
- Each document will be associated with one file. This file can be uploaded on create document form or choose from list of available files on your server or even from a remote server.
Different ways to import documents into system
- Batch Upload allows uploading (support drag and drop) multiple documents into the system at once.
- Batch Import allows importing existing documents on your server into the system at once.
- Manual creating documents one by one (default option).
- Auto Import Documents: You just need to upload documents to server (via FTP for example) and the plugin will auto scan and import these documents into the system.
- Dropbox integration: Storing documents on Dropbox to reduce your hosting usage. And it's easy to connect Edocman with your Dropbox account.
Advanced, powerful and flexible permission system
EDocman fully supports the Joomla permission system(Joomla ACL). You can define add, edit, delete, upload and download permissions for categories and documents.
In EDocman (and Joomla), permissions will be inherited, so you do not need to set access permissions for each document and/or category which makes managing your permissions a lot easier and faster:
- Permission can be setup in Component Level, Category Level or Document Level.
- Permission of the component will be inherited from Site permission setting.
- Permission of the category will be inherited from the component permission setting.
- Permission of the child-category will be inherited from it's parent category permission setting.
- Permission of the document will be inherited from the main category which it is assigned to.
Nice, clean, responsive layout based on twitter bootstrap
That means your users can browse and register for your events on PC, Laptop, Ipad, Smart Phones
- Support both Twitter Bootstrap 2 and optional Bootstrap 3 support.
- Categories page to display list of categories (and sub-categories).
- Category page to display list of documents of a category. Different layouts available: Default (list) layout, Columns (Grid) layout and Table Layout.
- An optional layout switcher allows you to change the layout quickly from Grid to List and vice-versa.
- Document detail page to display information of document
Users with proper permissions (setup by admin via Joomla ACL) can perform the following tasks in the front-end
- Submit New Document
- Edit, Delete, Publish, Un-publish Documents
Indexing PDF documents
EDocman has an Indexer plugin allows indexing content of PDF documents and make it searchable on your site.
Notify Users when document is uploaded/updated
EDocman Notification plugin allows sending notification emails to users from selected Joomla Groups when a document is uploaded/ updated to your selected categories.
Easy Linking / Display Documents into article
- EDocman has an editor plugin which allows you to easy insert link to view / download a document into an article
- EDocman has a content plugin which allows displaying all documents from a category into an article.
Collect users information before allow downloading documents
If you want, you can config EDocman to collect name and email of users before allow them to download a document. These collected users information then can be viewed in EDocman -> Downloads Logs feature of the extension
Emails Notification System
- Notification Emails sent to administrator when someone upload document from front-end.
- Notification Emails sent to administrator when someone download document from front-end
- Notification Emails sent to users when someone assign a document to him.
SEF / SEO optimization:
- Intelligent Joomla core SEF router generate friendly urls without having to use any third party SEF extensions.
- You can set meta data (meta keywords, meta description) for each category and document
Allowing you to see who downloaded your documents, user's IP, user's web browser, download date.
- Document Licenses
- Document History
- Media player
- Document Lock status
- Document sharing
- Document limit downloads
Modules and Plugins
- Modules to display Latest Documents, Most Popular Documents and Top Downloads document.
- Search plugin which allows users to search for your documents via Joomla standard search.
- Smart Search (Finder) plugin
- Categories listing and Categories tree modules
- Documents calendar module
- Document tags module
- Indexer plugin allows indexing content of PDF documents and make it searchable.
- Documents Linking editor plugin provide an quick and easy way to link to a document from an article.
- EDocman Documents Category plugin allows display all documents of a category in a Joomla article.
- Document limit downloads plugin
- JComments plugin integrate with JComments to allow users to post comments to you documents.
- Sh404sef ext plugin for Edocman
- Acymailing plugin
- Falang integration
- Compatible with Bootstrap 2, 3 and 4
- Compatible with Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 alpha
Version 1.19.0 Released on 01st August 2020
- Compatible with Joomla 4 beta
- Improve Joomla Search plugin
- Improve Joomla Editor-Xtd plugin
Version 1.18.1 Released on 08th July 2020
- Fix issue on adding Tags for documents at Backend side
Version 1.18.0 Released on 02nd July 2020
- Improve the way to add Tags for documents
- Improve Document Download Limit plugin
- mprove Edocman Categories Tree module
- Add option to Accept License one time
- Fix issue on Download function in Documents list
- Fix issue on Login to Download function in Documents Table layout
- Fix issue on User Documents function
Version 1.17.2 Released on 11th June 2020
- Add configure option to enable/disable removing non-utf8 characters in document filenames
- Add feature to resize thumbnail pictures based on coordinates of original photo
- Add "Ariel Label" attribute into Link tags in Edocman component
- Remove thumbnail pictures when their documents are removed
Version 1.17.11 Released on 11th May 2020
- Add option to allow user to add subcategories from frontend side
- Improve "Categories management" permission (ACL)
- Auto-generate thumbnail pictures with Photo documents
- Fix issue on Joomla4 alpha
Version 1.17.0 Released on 04th April 2020
- Add configure option to show/hide View button in Documents table layout
- Improve Ajax Upload function (Frontend side) to send notification emails after saving uploaded documents
- Add configure option to show/hide text "No available documents" in Category view
- Add option to sort documents by Publishing start date
- Add configure option to allow you to select Layout that user will be redirected after uploading documents (Frontend side)
- Add feature to enlarge photos of documents in listing pages
- Fix "Empty documents creating" issue when plugin Limit Downloads is enabled
Version 1.16.8 Released on 27th March 2020
- Fix SQL error in PHP 7.4.x and MySQL 8.x environment
Version 1.16.7 Released on 27th February 2020
- Add option to show number documents in Edocman Categories module
- Showing Created date, File size and Number download times in Documents Default layout
- Improve filter bar of Documents Management page at Backend side
Version 1.16.6 Released on 1st February 2020
- Fix issue on Edocman Breadcrumb
- Fix issue on Edocman Categories tree module
- Fix layout issue on Document modification form
- Improve Document Upload form
Version 1.16.5 Released on 13th January 2020
- Add publishing date filtering in Documents management page (Backend side)
- Add limit level option in module: Edocman Categories tree
- Fix issue on saving category (Backend side)
- Add option to show Joomla site name in Browser page title of Edocman layouts
Version 1.16.4 Released on 2nd December 2019
- Add option to show/hide number Download in the list
- Fix Download/View permission issue in document details page
- Offer option to migrate documents from DOCman extension and the physical files are being placed on third party storages
Version 1.16.3 Released on 4th November 2019
- Add options to show Hot and Featured documents in module Edocman documents
- Fix issue on loading Categories at frontend
- Fix minor issues in previous version
Version 1.16.2 Released on 16th October 2019
- Fix some bugs bugs from Edocman 1.16.1
Version 1.16.1 Released on 14th October 2019
- Fix some bugs bugs from Edocman 1.16.0
Version 1.16.0 Released on 10th October 2019
- Compatible with Joomla4 alpha
- Remove Joomla deprecated functions
- Import categories through CSV files
- Remove file extensions in document titles when using Batch Upload
- Add document titles automatically based on names of selected file
- Update Edocman Acymailing
- Add Document Download Password
- Improve User's documents layout - add filter option
- Add Empty documents in Category pages
Version 1.15.1 Released on 29th August 2019
- Add option to send notification email when the document is uploaded at frontend side
- Backup file: document.xml when you install/ update Edocman extension
- Backup and migrate English language files
- Fix issue on module: Categories tree
Version 1.15.0 Released on 12th July 2019
- Add option to clean Edocman temporarily folder
- Add option to make documents to inherit Owner Ids from Category
- Improve Edocman Editors-xtd plugin
- Fix browser page title issues on layouts: Categories and Category
- Improve Edocman Category Filter module
- Improve Edocman Category Tree module
- Improve Joomla Content plugin: Edocman Category
- Hide Edocman menus on modal popup (Backend side)
Version 1.14.0 Released on 7th June 2019
- Manage Categories at Frontend
- Add layout to list Just Updated documents in Edocman documents module
- List "No activity documents" in Statistic box at Edocman Dashboard
- Add option to link Document created user to Joomla User profile, CB or JomSocial
- Add option to index content of file: xls, xlsx
- Add view option in Tree View layout
- Add tag [DOCUMENT_LINK] in "New document uploaded" notification email to administrator
- Fix issue on creating Document aliases when using Bulk Import
- Fix issue on Document aliases generating
Version 1.13.0 Released on 5th May 2019
- Add Edocman User log action plugin (For Joomla 3.9.x)
- Add migrate tool from Phoca Download
- Add option to list related documents by Tags
- Add value for field: Path of Edocman category
- Show Link icon with External link documents
- Adjust CSS of Edocman component
- Fix issue with Sef links in Edocman documents module
- Fix JS issue on documents table layout
- Fix access level issue on Edocman Search module
- Fix issue on Edocman statistic module
Version 1.12.1 Released on 3rd April 2019
- Add new layout to show categories and documents
- Add canonical tag to avoid document links duplication
Version 1.12.0 Released on 12th March 2019
- Add Association documents option
- Implement Category Blog and Document Blog layouts
- Add Owner column in Documents list
- Add option to View/Edit/Delete documents in Documents table layout
Version 1.11.8 Released on 23th February 2019
- Fix security issue on Joomla SQL injection from previous Edocman versions
Version 1.11.7 Released on 11th February 2019
- Fix issue on download/upload documents when third party storage plugins (Dropbox, Gdrive, Amazon S3) are enabled but no parameters entered.
- Fix issue with foreign language packages of Edocman
Version 1.11.6 Released on 18th January 2019
- Add plugin to send reminder email when documents are about to expire
- Show alert when documents are about to expire
Version 1.11.5 Released on 13th January 2019
Add language packages
Version 1.11.4 Released on 10th January 2019
- Improve Documents table layout
- Improve Edocman documents layout
- Fix issue on Publish/ Unpublish, Delete documents from frontend
- Fix Document Upload issue (1.11.3)
- Fix Media player issue
Version 1.11.3 Released on 7th January 2019
- Add new feature: Bookmark documents
- Add Upload limit plugin with option to limit number files and total size uploaded by users
- Fix Google viewer issue
Version 1.11.1 Released on 1st December 2019
- Add layout to list categories in table
- Add configure options to setup columns in Grid view of Default layout
Version 1.11.0 Released on 1st November 2018
- Add Ajax upload function at front-end side
- Add Sort function in User documents layout
- Improve UI on Documents table, Document grid and Document details layouts
- Add option to delete folder of category when it is removed
- Add option to show Error 404 when the physical file of document isn't exists
- Fix issue on showing number main categories per row
Version 1.10.0 Released on 1st November 2018
- Add Downloads limit plugin
- Add Categories tree module
- Add Configure option to choose List/Grid style of Default layout
- Show "missing file" icons in documents list
Version 1.9.14 Released on 15th October 2018
- Improve Documents column layout
- Fix Edocman - Joomla Search plugin to add document photo into search result
- Adjust Edocman category, document modification layouts
Version 1.9.12 Released on 25th September 2018
- Fix issue happens when saving document. The cause from Edocman Notification plugin
Version 1.9.11 Released on 20th September 2018
- Add option to allow user to exclude their email out of (new document uploaded/ document updated) notification emails
- Add Tags cloud module
- Improve Edocman documents module
- Add option to increase Version of Edocman documents
- Retouch Edocman Configuration page
- Fix Access permission issue (1.9.10)
Version 1.9.10 Released on 1st September 2018
- Improve access level to Categories and Documents
- Add Document gallery
Version 1.9.9 Released on 8th August 2018
- Integrate with Google Drive
- Add Related documents
Version 1.9.8 Released on 24th July 2018
- Improve Documents Columns layout
- Update document location when changing document category
- Add View option in plugin: Edocman Content link and Edocman Editors-Xtd
- Fix issue on Edocman Acymailing plugin
Version 1.9.7 Released on 29th June 2018
- Add option to allow user to view document through Google Viewer on any download permissions
- Add feature to search categories from Back-end side with any child levels
Version 1.9.6 Released on 15th June 2018
- Improve layouts
- Add Privacy checkbox in Document Download collect information
- Add configure option to show/hide Category in Document details
- Add configure option to limit description of categories, documents in listing pages
Version 1.9.5 Released on 3rd May 2018
- Compatible with Joomla 4 Alpha
- Compatible with Bootstrap 2 & 3 & 4
- Improving Back-end layout
Version 1.9.4 Released on 4th April 2018
- Add Edocman Calendar module
- Add Document owner group
- Showing Expired label in Documents management
- Show/hide Download and View buttons in specific categories
- Add option to assign uploader as owner automatically
- New more Edocman configure options
- Add [DOCUMENT_TITLE] tag into all email's subjects
Version 1.9.3 Released on 6th March 2018
- Add AcyMailing plugin
- Improve Edocman notification plugin to add option to allow administrator to send only published documents
- Add Auto Approval field for category
Version 1.9.2 Released on 17th January 2018
- Add Backend module: Edocman stats to show latest documents, most popular and most downloaded documents with number available categories, documents in Edocman system
- Add parameter into Amazon S3 plugin to allow you to enter location of your Bucket
- Add layout to list documents in alphabetical in Edocman documents module
- Fix Default license issue
- Fix issue Showing unpublished document at front-end side
- Fix Joomla Edocman Search plugin when it returns "End publishing" documents in Result page
- Fix issue on Modal Login to Download
- Fix Title Slider module issue
- Fix Sef issue when viewing document
EDOCMAN has everything packed to allow you to easily manage your document and downloads. Our support team is standing by to help you with all your questions. We offer a 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Ossolution Team
- Last updated:
- Aug 01 2020
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- c m p
- J3 J4 Beta
Write a review