EDocman is the leading document and files download manager extension for Joomla. Building on top of Joomla Access Control Level System (ACL) feature, Edocman gives you a very powerful, flexible permission system which you can use to control who can access, download, manage (edit, delete, publish, unpublish) your documents from both front-end and back-end of Joomla site.
EDocman allows you to organize your documents cross infinite categories and subcategories.
Hierarchical folders structure
Unlike other files download extension using just one folder to store all files, EDocman allows you to put your files in a hierarchical folder structure (the folder structure is based on the categories structure which you setup - each category will have it's own folder to store files as state above).
Easy, Powerful Documents Management
- Each document can be assigned to one or different categories.
- You can control who can view Documents via Access Level property of the document (Public, Registered, Special... and any custom access levels in your system).
- You can control who can view Downloads, Edit, Delete, Publish, Unpublish the document via Permissions settings (Joomla core ACL)
- You can assign document to one (or several users) and only the selected users will be able to view and download that document
- Each document will be associated with one file. This file can be uploaded on create document form or choose from list of available files on your server or even from a remote server.
Different ways to import documents into system
- Batch Upload allows uploading (support drag and drop) multiple documents into the system at once.
- Batch Import allows importing existing documents on your server into the system at once.
- Manual creating documents one by one (default option).
- Auto Import Documents: You just need to upload documents to server (via FTP for example) and the plugin will auto scan and import these documents into the system.
- Dropbox integration: Storing documents on Dropbox to reduce your hosting usage. And it's easy to connect Edocman with your Dropbox account.
Advanced, powerful and flexible permission system
EDocman fully supports the Joomla permission system(Joomla ACL). You can define add, edit, delete, upload and download permissions for categories and documents.
In EDocman (and Joomla), permissions will be inherited, so you do not need to set access permissions for each document and/or category which makes managing your permissions a lot easier and faster:
- Permission can be setup in Component Level, Category Level or Document Level.
- Permission of the component will be inherited from Site permission setting.
- Permission of the category will be inherited from the component permission setting.
- Permission of the child-category will be inherited from it's parent category permission setting.
- Permission of the document will be inherited from the main category which it is assigned to.
Nice, clean, responsive layout based on twitter bootstrap
That means your users can browse and register for your events on PC, Laptop, Ipad, Smart Phones
- Support both Twitter Bootstrap 2 and optional Bootstrap 3 support.
- Categories page to display list of categories (and sub-categories).
- Category page to display list of documents of a category. Different layouts available: Default (list) layout, Columns (Grid) layout and Table Layout.
- An optional layout switcher allows you to change the layout quickly from Grid to List and vice-versa.
- Document detail page to display information of document
Users with proper permissions (setup by admin via Joomla ACL) can perform the following tasks in the front-end
- Submit New Document
- Edit, Delete, Publish, Un-publish Documents
Indexing PDF documents
EDocman has an Indexer plugin allows indexing content of PDF documents and make it searchable on your site.
Notify Users when document is uploaded/updated
EDocman Notification plugin allows sending notification emails to users from selected Joomla Groups when a document is uploaded/ updated to your selected categories.
Easy Linking / Display Documents into article
- EDocman has an editor plugin which allows you to easy insert link to view / download a document into an article
- EDocman has a content plugin which allows displaying all documents from a category into an article.
Collect users information before allow downloading documents
If you want, you can config EDocman to collect name and email of users before allow them to download a document. These collected users information then can be viewed in EDocman -> Downloads Logs feature of the extension
Emails Notification System
- Notification Emails sent to administrator when someone upload document from front-end.
- Notification Emails sent to administrator when someone download document from front-end
- Notification Emails sent to users when someone assign a document to him.
SEF / SEO optimization:
- Intelligent Joomla core SEF router generate friendly urls without having to use any third party SEF extensions.
- You can set meta data (meta keywords, meta description) for each category and document
Allowing you to see who downloaded your documents, user's IP, user's web browser, download date.
- Document Licenses
- Document History
- Media player
- Document Lock status
- Document sharing
- Document limit downloads
Modules and Plugins
- Modules to display Latest Documents, Most Popular Documents and Top Downloads document.
- Search plugin which allows users to search for your documents via Joomla standard search.
- Smart Search (Finder) plugin
- Categories listing and Categories tree modules
- Documents calendar module
- Document tags module
- Indexer plugin allows indexing content of PDF documents and make it searchable.
- Documents Linking editor plugin provide an quick and easy way to link to a document from an article.
- EDocman Documents Category plugin allows display all documents of a category in a Joomla article.
- Document limit downloads plugin
- JComments plugin integrate with JComments to allow users to post comments to you documents.
- Sh404sef ext plugin for Edocman
- Acymailing plugin
- Falang integration
- Compatible with Bootstrap 2, 3 and 4
- Compatible with Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 alpha
Version 1.11.1 Released on 1st December 2018
- Add layout to list categories in table
- Add configure options to setup columns in Grid view of Default layout
Version 1.11.0 Released on 1st November 2018
- Add Ajax upload function at front-end side
- Add Sort function in User documents layout
- Improve UI on Documents table, Document grid and Document details layouts
- Add option to delete folder of category when it is removed
- Add option to show Error 404 when the physical file of document isn't exists
- Fix issue on showing number main categories per row
Version 1.10.0 Released on 1st November 2018
- Add Downloads limit plugin
- Add Categories tree module
- Add Configure option to choose List/Grid style of Default layout
- Show "missing file" icons in documents list
Version 1.9.14 Released on 15th October 2018
- Improve Documents column layout
- Fix Edocman - Joomla Search plugin to add document photo into search result
- Adjust Edocman category, document modification layouts
Version 1.9.12 Released on 25th September 2018
- Fix issue happens when saving document. The cause from Edocman Notification plugin
Version 1.9.11 Released on 20th September 2018
- Add option to allow user to exclude their email out of (new document uploaded/ document updated) notification emails
- Add Tags cloud module
- Improve Edocman documents module
- Add option to increase Version of Edocman documents
- Retouch Edocman Configuration page
- Fix Access permission issue (1.9.10)
Version 1.9.10 Released on 1st September 2018
- Improve access level to Categories and Documents
- Add Document gallery
Version 1.9.9 Released on 8th August 2018
- Integrate with Google Drive
- Add Related documents
Version 1.9.8 Released on 24th July 2018
- Improve Documents Columns layout
- Update document location when changing document category
- Add View option in plugin: Edocman Content link and Edocman Editors-Xtd
- Fix issue on Edocman Acymailing plugin
Version 1.9.7 Released on 29th June 2018
- Add option to allow user to view document through Google Viewer on any download permissions
- Add feature to search categories from Back-end side with any child levels
Version 1.9.6 Released on 15th June 2018
- Improve layouts
- Add Privacy checkbox in Document Download collect information
- Add configure option to show/hide Category in Document details
- Add configure option to limit description of categories, documents in listing pages
Version 1.9.5 Released on 3rd May 2018
- Compatible with Joomla 4 Alpha
- Compatible with Bootstrap 2 & 3 & 4
- Improving Back-end layout
Version 1.9.4 Released on 4th April 2018
- Add Edocman Calendar module
- Add Document owner group
- Showing Expired label in Documents management
- Show/hide Download and View buttons in specific categories
- Add option to assign uploader as owner automatically
- New more Edocman configure options
- Add [DOCUMENT_TITLE] tag into all email's subjects
Version 1.9.3 Released on 6th March 2018
- Add AcyMailing plugin
- Improve Edocman notification plugin to add option to allow administrator to send only published documents
- Add Auto Approval field for category
Version 1.9.2 Released on 17th January 2018
- Add Backend module: Edocman stats to show latest documents, most popular and most downloaded documents with number available categories, documents in Edocman system
- Add parameter into Amazon S3 plugin to allow you to enter location of your Bucket
- Add layout to list documents in alphabetical in Edocman documents module
- Fix Default license issue
- Fix issue Showing unpublished document at front-end side
- Fix Joomla Edocman Search plugin when it returns "End publishing" documents in Result page
- Fix issue on Modal Login to Download
- Fix Title Slider module issue
- Fix Sef issue when viewing document
EDOCMAN has everything packed to allow you to easily manage your document and downloads. Our support team is standing by to help you with all your questions. We offer a 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Ossolution Team
- Last updated:
- Nov 30 2018
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- c m p
- 3 4 alpha
Write a review