EDocman is the leading document and files download manager extension for Joomla. Building on top of Joomla Access Control Level System (ACL) feature, Edocman gives you a very powerful, flexible permission system which you can use to control who can access, download, manage (edit, delete, publish, unpublish) your documents from both front-end and back-end of Joomla site.
EDocman allows you to organize your documents cross infinite categories and subcategories.
Hierarchical folders structure
Unlike other files download extension using just one folder to store all files, EDocman allows you to put your files in a hierarchical folder structure (the folder structure is based on the categories structure which you setup - each category will have it's own folder to store files as state above).
Easy, Powerful Documents Management
- Each document can be assigned to one or different categories.
- You can control who can view Documents via Access Level property of the document (Public, Registered, Special... and any custom access levels in your system).
- You can control who can view Downloads, Edit, Delete, Publish, Unpublish the document via Permissions settings (Joomla core ACL)
- You can assign document to one (or several users) and only the selected users will be able to view and download that document
- Each document will be associated with one file. This file can be uploaded on create document form or choose from list of available files on your server or even from a remote server.
Different ways to import documents into system
- Batch Upload allows uploading (support drag and drop) multiple documents into the system at once.
- Batch Import allows importing existing documents on your server into the system at once.
- Manual creating documents one by one (default option).
- Auto Import Documents: You just need to upload documents to server (via FTP for example) and the plugin will auto scan and import these documents into the system.
- Dropbox integration: Storing documents on Dropbox to reduce your hosting usage. And it's easy to connect Edocman with your Dropbox account.
Advanced, powerful and flexible permission system
EDocman fully supports the Joomla permission system(Joomla ACL). You can define add, edit, delete, upload and download permissions for categories and documents.
In EDocman (and Joomla), permissions will be inherited, so you do not need to set access permissions for each document and/or category which makes managing your permissions a lot easier and faster:
- Permission can be setup in Component Level, Category Level or Document Level.
- Permission of the component will be inherited from Site permission setting.
- Permission of the category will be inherited from the component permission setting.
- Permission of the child-category will be inherited from it's parent category permission setting.
- Permission of the document will be inherited from the main category which it is assigned to.
Nice, clean, responsive layout based on twitter bootstrap
That means your users can browse and register for your events on PC, Laptop, Ipad, Smart Phones
- Support both Twitter Bootstrap 2 and optional Bootstrap 3 support.
- Categories page to display list of categories (and sub-categories).
- Category page to display list of documents of a category. Different layouts available: Default (list) layout, Columns (Grid) layout and Table Layout.
- An optional layout switcher allows you to change the layout quickly from Grid to List and vice-versa.
- Document detail page to display information of document
Users with proper permissions (setup by admin via Joomla ACL) can perform the following tasks in the front-end
- Submit New Document
- Edit, Delete, Publish, Un-publish Documents
Indexing PDF documents
EDocman has an Indexer plugin allows indexing content of PDF documents and make it searchable on your site.
Notify Users when document is uploaded/updated
EDocman Notification plugin allows sending notification emails to users from selected Joomla Groups when a document is uploaded/ updated to your selected categories.
Easy Linking / Display Documents into article
- EDocman has an editor plugin which allows you to easy insert link to view / download a document into an article
- EDocman has a content plugin which allows displaying all documents from a category into an article.
Collect users information before allow downloading documents
If you want, you can config EDocman to collect name and email of users before allow them to download a document. These collected users information then can be viewed in EDocman -> Downloads Logs feature of the extension
Emails Notification System
- Notification Emails sent to administrator when someone upload document from front-end.
- Notification Emails sent to administrator when someone download document from front-end
- Notification Emails sent to users when someone assign a document to him.
SEF / SEO optimization:
- Intelligent Joomla core SEF router generate friendly urls without having to use any third party SEF extensions.
- You can set meta data (meta keywords, meta description) for each category and document
Allowing you to see who downloaded your documents, user's IP, user's web browser, download date.
- Document Licenses
- Document History
- Media player
- Document Lock status
- Document sharing
Modules and Plugins
- Modules to display Latest Documents, Most Popular Documents and Top Downloads document.
- Search plugin which allows users to search for your documents via Joomla standard search.
- Smart Search (Finder) plugin
- Indexer plugin allows indexing content of PDF documents and make it searchable.
- Documents Linking editor plugin provide an quick and easy way to link to a document from an article.
- EDocman Documents Category plugin allows display all documents of a category in a Joomla article.
- JComments plugin integrate with JComments to allow users to post comments to you documents.
- Sh404sef ext plugin for Edocman
Version 1.9.2 Released on 17th January 2018
- Add Backend module: Edocman stats to show latest documents, most popular and most downloaded documents with number available categories, documents in Edocman system
- Add parameter into Amazon S3 plugin to allow you to enter location of your Bucket
- Add layout to list documents in alphabetical in Edocman documents module
- Fix Default license issue
- Fix issue Showing unpublished document at front-end side
- Fix Joomla Edocman Search plugin when it returns "End publishing" documents in Result page
- Fix issue on Modal Login to Download
- Fix Title Slider module issue
- Fix Sef issue when viewing document
Version 1.9.1 Released on 21th November 2017
- Add "Updated" indicator
- Add language constants for configure options in Configuration page
- Fix Delete Own permission issue
Version 1.9.0 Released on 26th October 2017
- Instroduce Document Locked function
- Add Media player functions to Document types: FLV, MP4, MP3, OGG, OGV
- Add Configure option to force user to Accept license before downloading document
- Showing Category, Document thumbnail images when modifying at Back-end side
- Improve User documents interface to a responsive layout
- Add Configure option to open External links in new or current windows
Version 1.8.9 Released on 2nd October 2017
- Improve Edocman Dropbox plugin to work with Dropbox API V2
- Add Falang Elements for Edocman
- Improve Edocman Category and Document modification layout
- Improve Edocman documents
Version 1.8.8 Released on 11th September 2017
- Add Sh404sef Ext plugin for Edocman
- Add Category name of documents in Search result
- Add File extensions filtering for Edocman Search module
Version 1.8.6 Released on 17th August 2017
- Add Filter Categories module - http://edocmandocs.ext4joomla.com/modules-plugins/edocman-filter-categories
- Add Batch function at Documents list (Back-end side) to allow administrator to assign Additional Categories for document(s) http://edocmandocs.ext4joomla.com/documents
- Improve Edocman Smart search plugin to allow to search through Indexed content
- Improve Edocman Indexer plugin to allow it to index .docx files
- Fix issue on One time Download Collection
Version 1.8.5 Released on 20th July 2017
- Amazon S3 storage integration
Version 1.8.4 Released on 6th July 2017
- Fix Edocman auto update and latest version alert issue
Version 1.8.3 Released on 6th June 2017
- Update file size after replacing file
- Add Sef optimize function
- Fully compatible with Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3
- One time entering Name and Email/ download documents many times
Version 1.8.2 Released on 24th April 2017
- Improve Edocman Categories module to allow administrator to select parent category
- Fix issue on Edocman Documents (Latest documents showing)
- Fix issue on Edocman xtd plugin
Version 1.8.1 Released on 14th March 2017
- Add orphan documents filter in documents listing (Back-end side)
- Add configure option to sort documents by file size (beside title, description and Id as current)
- Add Text message configure option to show at top of the Document upload form
- Confirmation before saving document at front-end
- Custom CSS modifying
- Improve Documents module
- Fix issue on Edit own permission
Version 1.8.0 Released on 6th January 2017
- Add Delete Own permission
- Add Document history
- Improve document information in case the document is stored in different server
- Various minor issues fixed
EDOCMAN has everything packed to allow you to easily manage your document and downloads. Our support team is standing by to help you with all your questions. We offer a 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Ossolution Team
- Last updated:
- Jan 17 2018
- Date added:
- Nov 19 2014
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
Ease of use
Value for money