Okta User Sync | User Management
miniOrange Okta User Sync for Joomla helps you to sync and provision the Joomla user information in Okta and vice versa. This extension contains the functionality to Create, Read, Update, Delete, Deactivate the users and Synchronize attributes between Okta and Joomla. This solution is intended to automate the provisioning process while also maintaining a single system to manage permissions and groups.
Okta User Sync | User Management
What is User Sync
User sync refers to the process of synchronizing user data (such as user profiles, access permissions, and authentication credentials) between different applications or systems. In our case the user data is synchronized between Joomla and Okta. The goal of user sync is to ensure that user data is consistent and up-to-date across Joomla and Okta user directories, which reduces the additional overhead or separately maintaining records and reduces the risk of errors.
Why would you need Okta User Sync?
If your organization uses Okta to store their employee/ user details and you wish your user details to also be reflected in Joomla, you have come to the right place. The miniOrange Okta User Sync plugin provides user provisioning and deprovisioning to help streamline user management and reduce the risk of errors or inconsistencies in user data. By keeping user data consistent across different systems, the miniOrange Okta User sync plugin ensures that users have a seamless experience and can access the same resources and information regardless of which system they are using. Additionally the plugin automatically keep your Joomla employee/User directory up to date, providing a bi-diretional sync. When changes are made in Joomla, they are immediately pushed to Okta and you don’t have to have the overhead of manually making changes.
Benefits of Okta User Sync
The Okta User Sync for Joomla provides the following
Simplified User Management: By syncing user data between Joomla and Okta, you can reduce the need for manual data entry and maintenance, which can save time and reduce errors.
Enhances User Experience: The Okta User Sync extension enables users to access their Okta and Joomla resources using a single set of credentials, providing a seamless and streamlined user experience.
JOOMLA TO OKTA USER SYNC
Automatic / Real Time Provisioning for all CRUD operations from Joomla to Okta
- Create Users - If a new employee joins your organization and you wish to allow access to your company resources. You can create a new Joomla account for the user and a new Okta account will also be created for the user.
- Number of Users - There is no restriction on the number of users to be updates on your Joomla site
- Update Users - This integration allows you to automatically (Automated User Provisioning/ Auto User Sync) update the users and groups on your Okta User Directory once they are updated on your Joomla site. Attributes like username, name, email, user profile attributes are automatically updated in the Okta user profile.
- Delete Users - An employee leaves your organization and you wish to delete their data from your Joomla site as well as from your Okta User Directory. Once the user is deleted from your Joomla site, the user will automatically be deleted from your Okta User Directory.
- Deactivate Users or Soft Delete - Deactivating a user makes a user inactive or ineffective which means that the user will not be deleted from the system but will no longer be able access the resources. Once a user is deactivated on your Joomla site the user will also be deactivated from your Okta User directory.
Manual / On-demand provisioning for all CRUD operations from Joomla to Okta
This will allow you to manually perform CRUD operations on any Joomla user in Okta.
Create User - A user can be created in your Okta User Directory from your Joomla users in the following ways:
- Create User without Credentials
- Create User with Password
- Create Activated User without Credentials
- Create Activated User with Password
- Create User with Recovery Questions
- Create Activated User with Recovery Questions
- Create User in Group
- Create User with Password and Recovery Question
- Create Activated User with Password and Recovery Question
Update User - To manually update a user in your Okta User Directory, select the Joomla username and the user will be updated.
Deactivate User - You can select the Joomla user you wish to deactivate the Okta User Directory.
Delete User - You can select the Joomla user you wish to delete from the Okta User Directory.
OKTA TO JOOMLA USER SYNC
Manual / On-demand provisioning for all CRUD operations from Okta to Joomla
Any user information can be provisioned as and when required, can be used for troubleshooting as well. You can specify a user’s Okta User name and the user will be created, updated, deleted or deactivated in your Joomla site.
OKTA USER SYNC FOR ORGANIZATIONS SUPPORTED ADD-ONS
We have a variety of add-ons that can be integrated with the Okta User Sync plugin for your Joomla site.
OAuth SSO :- OAuth/OpenID Connect (OIDC) Single Sign-On - SSO plugin allows users residing at OAuth Provider to log in / access to your Joomla website. OAuth OpenID-compliant applications such – Azure AD, Google Apps, Okta, AWS Cognito, Facebook, KeyCloak, Linkedin, Office 365, Onelogin, Salesforce, Slack, Amazon, Discord or any other custom OAuth or OpenID Connect providers (Social Login).
Keycloak User Sync :- Keycloak User sync allows to synchronize and provision your Joomla users into Keycloak and vice-versa, allowing to create, read, update, delete and deactivate users between Keycloak and Joomla.
SCIM User Provisioning:- Joomla SCIM enables your users to log in to your Joomla site and sync user creation, update, and deletion from your IDP to your Joomla site using SCIM User Provisioning .
Attribute Based Redirection Customer :- Attribute Based Redirection Add-on can be used to redirect the user to a specific URL based on the attributes received from the OAuth server.
Role/Group Based Redirection :- Role/Group-Based Redirection Add-on can be used to redirect the user to a specific URL based on the roles/groups received from the OAuth server.
SSO Session Management :- SSO session management add-on manages the login session time of your users based on their Joomla roles.
SSO Login Audit :- SSO Login Audit captures and tracks all the Single Sign-On users and generates reports
User Role Editor
Limit Login Attempts
Guest User Login
Attribute Based Redirection
REST API AUTHENTICATION
Secures unauthorized access to your Joomla sites/pages using our Joomla REST API Authentication plugin .
The Firebase Authentication SDK includes methods for creating and managing users who sign in with their email addresses and passwords.
If you require any User Sync or Single Sign On (SSO) application or need any help with installing this plugin, please feel free to reach out to us on our 24*7 support at firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact us. We can also customize the User Sync flow to fit the specific needs of your organization
Check out our website for other plugins from the link here or visit https://plugins.miniorange.com to see all our listed Joomla plugins. For more support or info email us at email@example.com. You can also submit your query from the plugin’s configuration page.
Okta User Sync | User Management
- Last updated:
Apr 24 2023
1 month ago
- Date added:
- Apr 22 2023
- GPLv2 or later
- Paid download
- c p
- J3 J4