Two Factor Authentication 2FA for Joomla
Two Factor Authentication 2FA for Joomla plugin secures your Joomla login with an additional layer of security. This plugin provides two-factor authentication ( TFA ) during login. Click here to know more about the Joomla 2FA plugin. This plugin provides more than 15 2fa methods to configure including Google Authenticator, OTP Over SMS, OTP Over Email, Yubikey, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, and many more.
Two Factor Authentication ( 2FA ) for Joomla
Two Factor Authentication 2FA for Joomla plugin is highly secure & easy to set up for your Joomla site. Rather than relying on a password alone, which can be phished or guessed. miniOrange adds a second layer of security to your Joomla accounts. It protects your site from hacks and unauthorized login attempts. This plugin also includes a secure method for Multifactor Authentication (MFA).
- 15+ 2nd factor authentication methods including Google Authenticator
- Role-Based 2nd-factor authentication
- Domain Based 2nd-factor authentication
- IP Whitelisting ( 2FA will not invoke for given IPs )
- Two Factor Authentication supports login using username + password + 2FA or username + 2FA.
- Login with email + password + 2FA or Username + password + 2FA.
- Alter default login form details of Joomla like Username title, description, etc.
- If your phone is lost or stolen or discharged, we offer alternate login methods like Security Questions(KBA), OTP Over Email.
- 2FA offers inline registration of users so you can simply activate and configure the module and you are all set.
- Soft Token, QR Code Authentication, Push Notification is supported by miniOrange Authenticator App.
- Supported TOTP (time-based one time password) MFA methods: Google Authenticator, Authy Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator and LastPass Authenticator, DUO Authenticator
- We can add all other authenticators on request.
- If you want to login from the mobile browser then any authentication method can be converted into Security Questions (KBA) by just one click.
- We support multi-factor authentication for all types of phones like smartphones (iOS, Android, BlackBerry), Basic Phones, Landlines, etc.
- Backup Methods: KBA(Security Questions), OTP Over Email. Backup codes for all the Two Factor Authentication(TFA) methods like Google Authenticator, etc.
- Customize account name in Google Authenticator App.
- Email Notification to the users asking them to set up Two Factor Authentication.
- Remember device for all methods like Google Authenticator, Mobile Verification with SMS, etc.
- Allow Specific 2FA methods to Configure in Inline Registration.
- Change or Reconfigure the 2FA method.
- Redirect to specific URL after Login
- User Management: To reset the User’s 2FA method.
Supported 2FA / MFA authentication methods:
- OTP OVER EMAIL – Users will receive a One Time Passcode (OTP) on their registered email ID.
- OTP OVER SMS - Users will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number.
- OTP OVER SMS AND EMAIL - Same OTP will be sent over SMS and Email.
- OTP over Call - Users will receive an OTP over phone call on their registered mobile number.
- Google Authenticator - Enter passcode generated by Google Authenticator App to login.
- Authy 2-Factor Authenticator - Enter passcode generated by Authy 2-Factor Authenticator App to login.
- Microsoft Authenticator - Enter passcode generated by Microsoft Authenticator App to login.
- LastPass Authenticator - Enter passcode generated by LastPass Authenticator App to login.
- DUO Authenticator - Enter passcode generated by Duo Authenticator App to login.
- Email Verification - User will receive Accept and Deny transaction link on Email.
- Soft Token - Users can enter a one-time passcode from the miniOrange Authenticator App.
- QR code authentication - Scan the QR code from the account in your miniOrange Authenticator App to login.
- Push notification - Accept a push notification in your miniOrange Authenticator App to login.
- OTP over WhatsApp - Users will receive an OTP on WhatsApp.
- USB based Hardware token (yubikey)
TOTP (time-based one-time password) Apps Supported by Joomla Two Factor Authentication
- Google Authenticator App.
- Authy 2-Factor Authenticator App
- Microsoft Authenticator App
- LastPass Authenticator App
- DUO Authenticator App.
- miniOrange Authenticator App
- Contact us if you need any other app.
How is Joomla Two Factor Authentication (TFA) different?
- 2FA supports more than 15 authentication methods along with their backup method.
- 2FA supports Device Identification. If the user selects Remember device then on the next login from the same device, the user will not be prompted for Two Factor.
- It is very difficult to log in to your site from the mobile browser with Two Factor enabled. We provide you with the option that will convert any authentication method into Security Questions(KBA) on a mobile browser.
- By default, the miniOrange Two Factor Authentication (TFA) module is free for 1 user (administrator) forever. (Telephony credits are needed for certain authentication methods like Phone Verification, OTP over SMS, etc).
- In order to protect more accounts or use premium features, you need to upgrade to the premium version of the module.
- Besides including all authentication methods, it has inline registration for all users, user management dashboard access, remember device, manage device profiles, customize options for Email and SMS templates, custom redirect after login, customized UI for login screens, and many more. You can upgrade to the premium version of the module to have these features.
Installation Steps :
- Goto Extensions --> Manage --> Install.
- Search for miniOrange 2FA in the search box
- Install the miniorange Two Factor Authentication plugin.
- Then go to Extensions --> Manage --> Manage.
- Search for miniorange in the search box
- Enable all the extensions present in the list.
- Configure the plugin at Component-> miniorange two-factor authentication ->setup two factor
Custom feature requirements -
If you want any custom changes/feature in this plugin, let us know your requirement on email@example.com and we will add that feature in the plugin for you.