SCIM User Provisioning for Joomla
SCIM User provisioning provides Automated user synchronization from the identity provider to Joomla.
SCIM User provisioning provides SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management) capability to your Joomla site, converting it to a SCIM compliant endpoint that can be configured with any identity provider supporting SCIM protocol.
As in Identity Provider, we can add user, update user, and delete user, they are added, updated, and removed from the Joomla user profile in real-time. This means your Joomla User directory remains synchronized with Identity Providers.
The System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) is an open standard HTTP-based protocol for automating the exchange of user identity information between identity domains, or IT systems. SCIM aims to simplify user provisioning and management in the cloud. For example, as an Identity Provider add, update, and delete the user, they are added, updated, and removed from the Joomla User Profile. To achieve this functionality IDPs provide the User Provisioner with SCIM standard.
If your users are using both IDP (eg. Azure AD, OKTA, OneLogin, etc) and the Joomla website, it is preferred to have all users updated in the Joomla site without login each time to update the user list. miniOrange provides a solution that allows user provisioning into a Joomla website using SCIM standard.
To set up the user provisioning in your identity provider (IdP), use SCIM (User & Group Sync) endpoint from the plugin and configure the bearer token in your application. Users' feed synchronized will be from the Identity Provider to your Joomla site instantaneously or in time intervals set in your IDP.
Our SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management) Automated User Provisioning Add-On also allows provisioning with custom Providers. Our SCIM User Provisioning (Auto Provisioning) Add-On works with any IDP that conforms to the SCIM standard.
WHY DO YOU NEED SCIM USER PROVISIONING JOOMLA PLUGIN?
If your team uses Okta, Azure AD, OneLogin, G-Suite, or Centrify for employee/User provisioning, you can use this integration to automatically keep your Joomla employee/User directory up to date. The SCIM (User and Group Sync) push-based system treats the IdP directory as your source of truth. When changes are made in IdP, they push immediately to Joomla, so you don’t have to worry about the Joomla employee/User directory being out of sync.
Note: You can manually create new employees or add employees from other locations while maintaining your directory sync. This feature is helpful for contractors, temps, or other people who may host visitors/receive deliveries but are not core team members.
If you require any Single Sign On (SAML SSO) application or need any help with installing this plugin, please feel free to reach out to us on our 24*7 support at firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact us.
PRE-INTEGRATED IDPs FOR PROVISIONING
miniOrange provides pre-integrated IDPs for many applications like Azure AD, Okta, OneLogin, G-suite / Google Apps, Centrify, JumpCloud, and Custom Provide. Once you configure the SCIM base URL and Bearer token in your SCIM capable Identity providers (IdPs) they can use the SCIM User Provisioning for Joomla sites to update, create, delete, deactivate users automatically within seconds (Auto User Provisioning).
FREE VERSION FEATURES
- Create Users: You can create users by using the SCIM (User & Group Sync) supporting IdP (eg. Okta, OneLogin AzureAD, Centrify, and G-Suite), and then you can provision those users (user create) as configured in IdP either real-time or one can schedule an Identity-life
- Number of Users: – There is no restriction for the number of users to be updated to your Joomla site.
- Real-time provisioning: – Real-time provisioning permits you to update recently created or updated Identity Authentication clients without physically running a task, or waiting for a scheduled one. This proves to be useful for situations that require coordinated provisioning, similar to client self-enrollment that needs immediate system access.
- Pre-configured IDPs: – Since, SCIM (Auto User Provisioning) is standard protocol one can use any SCIM supporting IdP miniOrange provides pre-integrated IdPs like Azure AD, Okta, OneLogin, Gsuite, and miniOrange IdP. The System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) is an open standard for securely synchronizing user (user sync tool) information between multiple applications.
UPGRADED VERSION FEATURES– Click here to see all license versions.
- All the Free version features.
- Delete Users: The removal of access privilege and system resources for an employee, User, business partner for your Joomla website. It is a security process that removes access of a system to an end-user along with their data in Joomla site when you de-provision the same user in your IdP. (User delete) For Example: one can use this feature when a user leaves a company/organization to remove her/his data from your Joomla site.
- Deactivate Users or Soft delete: Deactivating a user makes a user inactive or ineffective which means that the user will not be deleted from the system but will no longer be able to log in to your Joomla website and their records can be transferred to another user. Use-case: One can use this feature when the admin wants to deny access to the Joomla site but this keeps the user data in the Joomla database.
- Update Users: – This integration allows you to automatically (Automated User Provisioning / Auto user provisioning) update the users and groups for your Joomla Website when you make updates in your identity provider. Attributes like firstName, lastName, are automatically updated (Auto-provisioning) in the user’s profile when there will be any changes.
- Custom attribute mapping: – This feature allows to sync custom attribute sent by IdP in Joomla. We also give the option to show these attributes in the User table list.
Check out our website to see all our listed Joomla plugins. Please reach out to us on email@example.com for more support. You can also submit your query from the plugin’s configuration page.
We also provide SAML SP, SAML IDP, OAuth Client, OAuth Server, LDAP / AD Login, Two Factor Authentication, OTP Verification, and Social Login plugins/Modules for WordPress and Drupal sites. To know more please click here