Two Factor Authentication 2FA for Joomla
Two Factor Authentication 2FA for Joomla plugin secures your Joomla login with an additional layer of security. This plugin provides two-factor authentication ( TFA ) during login. Click here to know more about Joomla 2FA plugin. This plugin provides more than 15 2fa methods to configure including Google Authenticator, OTP Over SMS, OTP Over Email, Yubikey, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator and many more.
Two Factor Authentication ( 2FA ) for Joomla
Two Factor Authentication 2FA for Joomla plugin is highly secure & easy to set up for your Joomla site. Rather than relying on a password alone, which can be phished or guessed. miniOrange adds a second layer of security to your Joomla accounts. It protects your site from hacks and unauthorized login attempts. This plugin also includes a secure method for Multifactor Authentication (MFA).
- 15+ 2nd factor authentication methods including Google Authenticator
- Role Based 2nd factor authentication
- Domain Based 2nd factor authentication
- IP Whitelisting ( 2FA will not invoke for given IPs )
- Two Factor Authentication supports login using username + password + 2FA or username + 2FA.
- Login with email + password + 2FA or Username + password + 2FA.
- Alter default login form details of Joomla like Username title, description, etc.
- If your phone is lost or stolen or discharged, we offer alternate login methods like Security Questions(KBA), OTP Over Email.
- 2FA offers inline registration of users so you can simply activate and configure the module and you are all set.
- Soft Token, QR Code Authentication, Push Notification are supported by miniOrange Authenticator App.
- Supported TOTP (time based one time password) MFA methods: Google Authenticator, Authy Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator and LastPass Authenticator.
- We can add all other authenticators on request.
- If you want to login from the mobile browser then any authentication method can be converted into Security Questions (KBA) by just one click.
- We support multi-factor authentication for all types of phones like smartphones (iOS, Android, BlackBerry), Basic Phones, Landlines, etc.
Supported 2FA / MFA authentication methods:
- OTP OVER EMAIL – Users will receive an One Time Passcode (OTP) on their registered email ID.
- OTP OVER SMS - Users will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number.
- OTP OVER SMS AND EMAIL - Same OTP will be sent over SMS and Email.
- OTP over Call - Users will receive an OTP over phone call on their registered mobile number.
- Google Authenticator - Enter passcode generated by Google Authenticator App to login.
- Authy 2-Factor Authenticator - Enter passcode generated by Authy 2-Factor Authenticator App to login.
- Microsoft Authenticator - Enter passcode generated by Microsoft Authenticator App to login.
- LastPass Authenticator - Enter passcode generated by LastPass Authenticator App to login.
- Email Verification - User will receive Accept and Deny transaction link on Email.
- Soft Token - Users can enter a one-time passcode from the miniOrange Authenticator App.
- QR code authentication - Scan the QR code from the account in your miniOrange Authenticator App to login.
- Push notification - Accept a push notification in your miniOrange Authenticator App to login.
- OTP over WhatsApp - Users will receive an OTP on WhatsApp.
- USB based Hardware token (yubikey)
TOTP (time based one time password) Apps Supported by Joomla Two Factor Authentication
- Google Authenticator App.
- Authy 2-Factor Authenticator App
- Microsoft Authenticator App
- LastPass Authenticator App
- miniOrange Authenticator App
- Contact us if you need any other app.
Custom feature requirements -
If you want any custom changes/feature in this plugin, let us know your requirement on email@example.com and we will add that feature for you in the plugin.