Keycloak User Sync | User Management
miniOrange Keycloak User Sync for Joomla helps you to sync and provision the Joomla user information in Keycloak and vice versa. This extension contains the functionality to Create, Read, Update, Delete, Deactivate the users and Synchronize attributes between Keycloak and Joomla. This solution is intended to automate the provisioning process while also maintaining a single system to manage permissions and groups.
Keycloak User Sync | User Management
What is User Sync
User sync refers to the process of synchronizing user data (such as user profiles, access permissions, and authentication credentials) between different applications or systems. In our case the user data is synchronized between Joomla and Keycloak. The goal of user sync is to ensure that user data is consistent and up-to-date across Joomla and Keycloak user directories, which reduces the additional overhead or separately maintaining records and reduces the risk of errors.
Benefits of Keycloak User Sync
The Keycloak User Sync for Joomla provides the following
Simplified User Management: By syncing user data between Joomla and Keycloak, you can reduce the need for manual data entry and maintenance, which can save time and reduce errors.
Enhances User Experience: The Keycloak User Sync extension enables users to access their Keycloak and Joomla resources using a single set of credentials, providing a seamless and streamlined user experience.
JOOMLA TO KEYCLOAK USER SYNC
Automatic / Real Time Provisioning for all CRUD operations from Joomla to Keycloak
- Create Users - If a new employee joins your organization and you wish to allow access to your company resources. You can create a new Joomla account for the user and a new Keycloak account will also be created for the user.
- Number of Users - There is no restriction on the number of users to be updates on your Joomla site
- Update Users - This integration allows you to automatically (Automated User Provisioning/ Auto User Sync) update the users and groups on your Keycloak User Directory once they are updated on your Joomla site. Attributes like username, name, email, user profile attributes are automatically updated in the Keycloak user profile.
- Delete Users - An employee leaves your organization and you wish to delete their data from your Joomla site as well as from your Keycloak User Directory. Once the user is deleted from your Joomla site, the user will automatically be deleted from your Keycloak User Directory.
- Deactivate Users or Soft Delete - Deactivating a user makes a user inactive or ineffective which means that the user will not be deleted from the system but will no longer be able access the resources. Once a user is deactivated on your Joomla site the user will also be deactivated from your Keycloak User directory.
Manual / On-demand provisioning for all CRUD operations from Joomla to Keycloak
This will allow you to manually perform CRUD operations on any Joomla user in Keycloak.
- Create User - A user can be created in your Keycloak User Directory from your Joomla once a new user is created on your Joomla site.
- Update User - To manually update a user in your Keycloak User Directory, select the Joomla username and the user will be updated.
- Deactivate User - You can select the Joomla user you wish to deactivate the Keycloak User Directory.
- Delete User - You can select the Joomla user you wish to delete from the Keycloak User Directory.
KEYCLOAK TO JOOMLA USER SYNC
Manual / On-demand provisioning for all CRUD operations from Keycloak to Joomla
Any user information can be provisioned as and when required, can be used for troubleshooting as well. You can specify a user’s Keycloak User ID and the user will be created, updated, deleted or deactivated in your Joomla site.
KEYCLOAK USER SYNC FOR ORGANIZATIONS SUPPORTED ADD-ONS
We have a variety of add-ons that can be integrated with the Keycloak User Sync plugin for your Joomla site.
OAuth SSO :- OAuth/OpenID Connect (OIDC) Single Sign-On - SSO plugin allows users residing at OAuth Provider to log in / access to your Joomla website. OAuth OpenID-compliant applications such – Azure AD, Google Apps, Okta, AWS Cognito, Facebook, KeyCloak, Linkedin, Office 365, Onelogin, Salesforce, Slack, Amazon, Discord or any other custom OAuth or OpenID Connect providers (Social Login).
Attribute Based Redirection Customer :- Attribute Based Redirection Add-on can be used to redirect the user to a specific URL based on the attributes received from the OAuth server.
Role/Group Based Redirection :- Role/Group-Based Redirection Add-on can be used to redirect the user to a specific URL based on the roles/groups received from the OAuth server.
SSO Session Management :- SSO session management add-on manages the login session time of your users based on their Joomla roles.
If you require any User Sync or Single Sign On (SSO) application or need any help with installing this plugin, please feel free to reach out to us on our 24*7 support at firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact us. We can also customize the User Sync flow to fit the specific needs of your organization
Check out our website for other plugins from the link here or visit https://plugins.miniorange.com to see all our listed Joomla plugins. For more support or info email us at email@example.com. You can also submit your query from the plugin’s configuration page.